Latest release

winterdd

1 hour ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

upgrade from X13

Wow.. there is going be a huge difference in a lot of things for you.  Plenty of new car smells, with bells and whistles too.  Shoot, I just start getting used to the new stuff when another release comes out.  :-)

3 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Wow.. there is going be a huge difference in a lot of things for you.  Plenty of new car smells, with bells and whistles too.  Shoot, I just start getting used to the new stuff when another release comes out.  :-)

HA, I have become quite comfortable with X13 and have everything set just like I want it. Waiting until the last of December and ordering a new dell Alienware and upgrading then then.

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2023 at 7:04 PM, ChiefUserBigRob said:

HA, I have become quite comfortable with X13 and have everything set just like I want it. Waiting until the last of December and ordering a new dell Alienware and upgrading then then.

Ha, thats a pretty bad version to set just the way you want it since you aren't taking advantage of linked callouts and relink views as well as a few other features that completely changed my templates for faster sets

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Ha, thats a pretty bad version to set just the way you want it since you aren't taking advantage of linked callouts and relink views as well as a few other features that completely changed my templates for faster sets

I believe ya man, I know you speak truth but I was hearing about a lot of bugs earlier on so I wanted to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

I am now wondering if they have started the beta testing yet for X16.  Some years in the past they were already releasing sneak preview videos to the public of the next release by now.  I have an active project for my employer that would be great to try out in X16.  Hopefully something will happen soon.

The beta of X16 is projected to begin in the later part of Q1 (this is the private by invitation portion of the beta).  We have been working on a variety of projects during this release cycle and I think you will find a few surprises and enhanced productivity tools for your design efficiency, like…. 3D dimensions.  More to come as we get closer.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, scottharris said:

The beta of X16 is projected to begin in the later part of Q1 (this is the private by invitation portion of the beta).  We have been working on a variety of projects during this release cycle and I think you will find a few surprises and enhanced productivity tools for your design efficiency, like…. 3D dimensions.  More to come as we get closer.

Scott, I can hardly wait.  I am still amazed at the changes in X15.  Now you drop this little teaser on us!!!   Argggg, it is like when I was a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, SNestor said:

Real improvements…not new flashy unnecessary add-ons.

Let us always remember: what's unnecessary to one may be a godsend to another.

We don't all use the software the same way.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SNestor said:

For the love of God, give us improvements to the stair tool. Real improvements…not new flashy unnecessary add-ons.  

All the other new features are appreciated…;)

What would you like to see in the stair tool?

• Upvote 2

On 1/10/2024 at 7:30 AM, Greg_NY61 said:

@Doug Don't forget to leave the milk and cookies out :-)

I never was very good at leaving milk and cookies out.  By the time Santa arrived, I had eaten the cookies and drank the milk!  Lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

What would you like to see in the stair tool?

Stair framing to show up in framing views. 

Open back stairs with closed risers.  

Independant tread overhang on front and sides

Waterfall stair profile for concrete stairs.

Auto change material for concrete stairs.

Ability to set up run and rise parameters to match building code (min and max run and min and max rise)

Ability to set up tread depth default.

Abilty to set up stringer size as a lumber size (2 x10 or 2 x 12 for example)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/9/2024 at 8:22 PM, SNestor said:

For the love of God, give us improvements to the stair tool. Real improvements…not new flashy unnecessary add-ons.  

All the other new features are appreciated…;)

X16 will probably follow the path of most other upgrades and include some amazing features that will help improve work flow and others that no one has ever 'suggested' or wanted (too many for me personally to list) but may prove to be useful. As usual hope is high and expectations low...:)

• Like 1

I think it would be great to have more customisation for common stair types but you have to draw the line somewhere. 

With a highly radical stair design, you are probably better off creating it by some other means ? Let’s face it, you can’t create every stair type out there with the main function in the program.

14 hours ago, mthd97 said:

I think it would be great to have more customisation for common stair types but you have to draw the line somewhere. 

With a highly radical stair design, you are probably better off creating it by some other means ? Let’s face it, you can’t create every stair type out there with the main function in the program.

Concrete stairs are neither radical nor new.  They are common and used, perhaps on more than half of all projects in one place or another.  CA made a great step in making a railing wall that would follow stairs allowing for great flexibility in railing styles.  Unfortunately some common stairs can't be done at all using the stair tool.  

One example is stairs like this image.thumb.png.537e2f2bb7bdc0294c5709fb08bc61c4.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

Concrete stairs are neither radical nor new.  They are common and used, perhaps on more than half of all projects in one place or another.  CA made a great step in making a railing wall that would follow stairs allowing for great flexibility in railing styles.  Unfortunately some common stairs can't be done at all using the stair tool.  

One example is stairs like this image.thumb.png.537e2f2bb7bdc0294c5709fb08bc61c4.png

Not exactly what you are looking for but may help you in modeling them in the meantime:

image.thumb.png.c516864dbfeb351742e7cd76076c0784.png

image.thumb.png.49f26fb18f49555ca551fbaf2ae7485e.png

image.thumb.png.5becd28d69c8be940353c447cc01cd48.png

Quick cross section and cad detail from view and cut and paste and had a functional section.

• Like 1