ChiefTalk Forum Guidelines
Welcome to ChiefTalk! Chief Architect Inc. hosts this forum as a place for Chief Architect software users to seek help, offer assistance, collaborate, and network with other users. We want members to be welcome on ChiefTalk. Anyone should feel comfortable asking for help and sharing their tips and tricks. To ensure that ChiefTalk remains a kind space, we have assembled these guidelines for all members.
Members are expected to be kind, helpful, and respectful. Beyond seeking solutions, users are encouraged to help others. Although not mandatory, constructively answering questions is greatly appreciated.
Users are required to follow moderator instructions. These guidelines are not exhaustive. Moderators reserve the right to make requests of users such as changes to behavior, editing existing posts, or otherwise modifying their interactions on the forum to meet the intent of these guidelines and realign the forum ideals.
The forums are categorized by topics. Please post questions or messages in the appropriate forum topic. Before creating a new post, use the search tools to learn if the conversation exists in the forum. Add relevant comments and questions to these areas before creating new posts.
If you feel grateful for someone providing an answer, click the Heart on their post and Upvote it. Rewarding members for their assistance will help develop a positive reputation from which others can see and benefit.
As a member of this forum, if you feel a post needs Moderator attention, click the three dots at the top of the post and choose “Report”. Sending notifications to our moderators allows them to determine if action needs to be taken.
Bug Reporting and Making Requests
While discussion of issues encountered in Chief Architect software products is welcome on the forums, this is not the official channel for reporting them. Please contact our Technical Support team directly to report any problems. They will ask questions to receive sufficient information about the issue and identify ways to reproduce the behavior, and communicate the problem effectively to our development team.
Technical Support can be contacted by phone or through our Technical Support Center, which can be accessed through your Chief Architect Account.
Discussing desired features, behaviors, and partnerships is common and appreciated on this platform. Please share requests in the designated Suggestions forum or send ideas directly to email@example.com. These channels are reviewed regularly, and feedback is documented and shared throughout the Chief Architect team. See the guidelines for posting in the Suggestions topic for more details.
This forum is a great place to connect with other users and to find solutions to help you learn about the software. In addition to the knowledge and connections you may gain by participating in this forum, other resources are available to learn about the software and its features:
- Posts should be professional and on-topic. Off-topic posts should be made on the Chatroom forum but should still be somewhat related to Chief Architect or of general interest to its users.
- ChiefTalk is for discussing all things Chief Architect. Posts concerning politics, religion, and adult content are not allowed.
- Personal attacks, insults, or any form of harassment are strictly forbidden. Determination of these acts is at the sole discretion of Chief Architect and its Moderators.
- The creation of multiple accounts is associated with nefarious behavior and will result in the banning of the secondary account. If you feel you have a legitimate reason for having a secondary account, please contact a forum Moderator for discussion.
- At Moderators’ discretion, solicitations unrelated to Chief Architect or those deemed to be excessive are not allowed.
Violations of these rules and guidelines could result in any or multiple of the following actions:
- Post being flagged for Moderator review.
- A message from the Moderator requesting a change in behavior.
- Required Moderator review of posts before publishing until the Moderator deems the situation resolved.
- Temporary ban from the forum for a specified period of time.
- Permanent ban from the forum.
Thank you for being an integral part of our community and for taking the time to help others feel welcome, respected, and most importantly, successful.