-
Posts
1290 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by mtldesigns
-
Stairs... what are these for since they never seem to work?
mtldesigns replied to mtldesigns's topic in General Q & A
This is what I had to do, so that the rail didn't extend past post on starter tread. A lot of manipulating... but it works! -
Stairs... what are these for since they never seem to work?
mtldesigns replied to mtldesigns's topic in General Q & A
@DBCooper Ahh... so even if its against the wall (as the top of these stairs are), but connects to a railing.. that option doesn't work. That makes sense. I pulled up another job that had the railing on a wall, and your 100% right. Learnt something today. I guess what got me thinking on this was this %#*$# stairs I've been working on for a bit. On my my 7th rendition.. but finally got an answer on direction and moving forward. I want the starter tread to have a post near the second riser, but when I do this, the rail sticks out. So where it said "Extend Bottom End", I thought if I put a negative in, that would work. And obviously it didn't. To get this to work how I want it, with this already in 3 sections, I'm going to add another section of just the starter thread which will be #1 now. #1 becomes #2 and one less tread and bottom height.. man I hope that made sense... what you see now is just a work in progress, -
Latest Rendering Techniques with X18 and A.I.??
mtldesigns replied to DB-Designs's topic in General Q & A
No down vote from me. I agree totally. Continue to work and improve the stuff that builds the house. -
Build framing of addition, but not the whole structure
mtldesigns replied to mtldesigns's topic in General Q & A
Perfect. Thanks Chris -
It seems like we had a discussion a while back on this kind a framing. I am doing an addition to a church, a multiple phase project. I put the main building in the model, but I DO NOT want that framing (walls, ceiling, roof to build or even show.) I'll have three exterior walls I want to edit (remove windows and fill in, change a few windows to doors, etc..) but that framing will stay in place for the most part. All the roofing will be over framing. Is there a way that I can create the framing of the additions, and not have the rest of the existing build show and report also?
-
Good evening Chiefer's, I have one of those clients that keeps changing their mind on the style of their home, esp. the foyer and stairs. I believe I am on the fifth go round on these things. Had to put a stop on the process (even though I am being paid for this) because it was affecting my other clients schedule. I asked to send me the stairs that was wanted and I will make it happen. The attached is what I have been sent. I need your eyeballs please since this is a very special staircase compared to what I am used to doing. Any advice is greatful. Its obviously a circular stair case with a straight section. What I am having a hard time seeing is: How is the railing attached to the stairs esp. on the back side near the flat wall? I have done pony walls before that followed the stairs, but this looks a little more than just that. I have a curve wall at the bottom landing, so I am assuming there is a curve wall on the opposite side (partially)? How would this transition into the main wall? Would this be three different stair sections to make the one. Upper straight, the curve and the the bottom flared? The section under the stairs (where the artwork is on the wall), that ceiling appears to be sloped. or is it a optical illusion. This stairs affects half the second floor layout, because of the "bridge" and room access points, which has changed just as many times. I thank you all for your input in advance
-
My thoughts also. Did you tell ChatGPT, the location, direction house was facing? This looks great Rich.
-
That's what I needed... should have asked years ago. Thanks!
-
I know I've suggested in the past, to fix the arrow situation, esp. when the arrow thinks it has to connect to the object your pointing too. It is such a PITB having to constantly adjust arrows because something moved. Until we get this fixed.. is there a way to make it not connect to an object?
-
I'd like to know also.. in the past I've always waited after a few updates before uploading, however this one sounds like it will have new tools I can use right away.
-
First thing I'd look at is if there is a ceiling height?
-
Same here brother.. sorry about your loss. Going through a typical Florida thunderstorm as we speak, and my lab is stuck to my hip... she hates them..
-
It doesn't hurt to look at what's going on above too.. Is there a room above this area? Different joist depths? Weird how yesterday it was fine though...
-
Wow, no more material regions for board and batten? That will save a lot of time, since ~50% of the homes here get B&B. The molding on shingles and other materials will be nice too. Very nice.... I don't participate in the beta testing, so I am eager to see all these new enhancements.
-
ICF structure w/ steel trusses and Q-decking
mtldesigns replied to winterdd's topic in General Q & A
I def would. Just treat the decking like any other decking, but instead of 3/4" Advantech underlayment like you normally would, call out the Q-decking and the concrete floor (using the correct thicknesses). Shoot, even call out the truss as part of the setup also. -
??
-
This would be my guess too...
-
@kellyh will there be a android version of the As Built app?
-
@PitMan71 @Joe_Carrick You guys are right. I did change this to 42" after I sent this post. Even though IRC says 36", this is a vacation rental in Mexico Beach, I'd hate it if some person, a kid especially, got to excited and fell over. @robdyck I see what you mean.. don't like Marker for this type of dim. I'll stick with the manual 42". And you are so right, even if I wanted to move the dim off the rail, I cannot pick the top of rail, unless I cheated at put a line there to dim to.
-
I am curious on why a railing height dimension changes when moved off the railing, then goes back to how it should be when moved back on top of the railing... see vid. Recording 2026-05-29 234218.mp4
-
I'm not sure if my question makes sense. I have one kitchen, half is under a flat ceiling, the other half under a vaulted ceiling. Because of the invisible wall to define the two areas, I have two kitchens now. I've tried a few things,, for example, making that invisible wall, not invisible.. that makes it all one room, but the flat ceiling disappears.. Any idea how to make one room label instead of how I show it?
-
Yes they do. Glad they know about it.
