Known Current Bugs In X8 Beta?

tommy1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm not being able to rename a wall type created by 'copy'. Frustrating!

Next is more of a cabinet option problem. I have a kitchen plan with different drawer fronts (slab) than door fronts (framed). For the 'tip-out' trays under sinks and range tops, I thought that I would use a bottom hinged door and get the opening indicators to show these 'tipped out / opened'. But since its now a door, it wants to be framed, when I set it to slab, all the doors in that cabinet become slab of course. A 'tip-out' false drawer option would fix the problem. For now it will have to be noted as tip-out since cad lines for the indicators would have to be adjusted with every alteration of the cabinet.

1. There are some issues with Live Elevations sent to Layout. I will be sending in a new but report this weekend for a plan that I will post soon to see if others get the same result when printing to PDF.

2.Also, the line weights of Live Elevations sent to Layout that use Watercolor with Line Overlay do not hold the line weights.

3.There is a bug with dimensions in a camera view section when headers are present.

So far, none of the negatives come close to out weighing the benefits. Great version update.

1. There are some issues with Live Elevations sent to Layout. I will be sending in a new but report this weekend for a plan that I will post soon to see if others get the same result when printing to PDF.

You will not get line weights if you send to the layout live, you must send plot lines to get the line weights.

2.Also, the line weights of Live Elevations sent to Layout that use Watercolor with Line Overlay do not hold the line weights.

see above

3.There is a bug with dimensions in a camera view section when headers are present.

ok, haven't noticed it

So far, none of the negatives come close to out weighing the benefits. Great version update.

agree, very nice upgrade

...Next is more of a cabinet option problem. I have a kitchen plan with different drawer fronts (slab) than door fronts (framed). For the 'tip-out' trays under sinks and range tops, I thought that I would use a bottom hinged door and get the opening indicators to show these 'tipped out / opened'. But since its now a door, it wants to be framed, when I set it to slab, all the doors in that cabinet become slab of course. A 'tip-out' false drawer option would fix the problem. For now it will have to be noted as tip-out since cad lines for the indicators would have to be adjusted with every alteration of the cabinet.

There could be a better way to create a tipout, but I definitely wouldn't list this as a bug.  And FYI, all you have to do is make one of your "doors" a library item and you can keep the automatic indicators...easy peasy.  Now the handle...that may be a different story. 

Ran into this today.   Needs fixed ASAP.   Really a tough one as I have "Wall"X" copy" building up in my plans.....

I agree this needs to be fixed ASAP, I am having a problem today also it is driving me crazy and losing to much time trying to figure something out

Helpful as always Scott but maybe back to the reason for this thread?

I just discovered something that I think is a bug. When using roof planes within a reference set the ridge does not show on the ref layer.

Anyone want to test this?

Here's the second floor roof planes, with ridge.

post-302-0-27593400-1454860178_thumb.png

Here's the ref set with the ridge missing.

post-302-0-25623100-1454860187_thumb.png

Thanks Perry but check the 2 pics in the post, maybe not easy to see but the second picture shows the elevation all distorted and the wrong size. Look at the 2 left elevations. The PDF is wrong and happens a lot on my system. This was using update always.

When using Plot Plan the differences goes away. I'll try update on demand in the future.

BTW they are aware of this bug at CA headquarters.

Very similar to Michael's PDF problem in post 20.

Auto Dormers, originally correct when placed in the roof. But after a minor repositioning, the exterior walls reversed layers - placing the exterior of the walls on the interior of the dormer. Since these are a unit you can't select walls, or it, to reverse the layers back. Simply touching the dormer to make any minor adjustments turned it to a grey box. At this stage the interior walls are cut but the roof reverts to normal and no dormer appears. Selecting the grey box opens the dormer dialog but no change to the view. Eventually resizing the dormer's width locked X8 and forced an auto shutdown of Chief.

post-1066-0-84154700-1455047193_thumb.jpg

I think that means the dormer as defined won't fit to your roof.

Thanks, It begs that question because it is at the extents of fitting. But just touching it makes it go gray and when it does draw it, it forces the exterior layers inside...and then it crashed the program.  I'll try to recover the plan and see if all these problems go away by 'downsizing' the dormers a bit.