Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

8 hours ago, DavidJames said:

Stunning, Jintu. 

Also, appreciate the tips. I’m still learning the software so I’ll take all the help I can get. Expect a few messages from me in the very near future :lol:

David,

Yes, Jintu is one of those rare few who doesn't boast about his work. He will help you if you ask. He is the single reason I purchased Lumion 8 Pro. He's a real gentleman!

BTW, nice work on your image. I knew it was Lumion by the leaf cluster on the Driveway. I too am learning Lumion. The worst part is I don't have the time to dedicate to as the way I would like and really master the whole package. In addition to WATCH ALL of CWELTONDESIGN videos on YouTube I can, I have started playing around with the New Styles that came with the package. Take the Farnsworth House and save it as a Blank Scene and Delete the model. Now you can place your own model in and get a jump start. Make sure and place you model in the same location so the existing Photo and Movie setting (Focus) already configured will look fine - I'm still refining this approach. 

4 hours ago, limitless8 said:

Where did you get the panamera from? 3dsketchup or?

It actually came with Lumion. They have a few high res vehicles to select from :)

1 hour ago, mrscott said:

David,

Yes, Jintu is one of those rare few who doesn't boast about his work. He will help you if you ask. He is the single reason I purchased Lumion 8 Pro. He's a real gentleman!

BTW, nice work on your image. I knew it was Lumion by the leaf cluster on the Driveway. I too am learning Lumion. The worst part is I don't have the time to dedicate to as the way I would like and really master the whole package. In addition to WATCH ALL of CWELTONDESIGN videos on YouTube I can, I have started playing around with the New Styles that came with the package. Take the Farnsworth House and save it as a Blank Scene and Delete the model. Now you can place your own model in and get a jump start. Make sure and place you model in the same location so the existing Photo and Movie setting (Focus) already configured will look fine - I'm still refining this approach. 

I'm always amazed by Jintu's stuff when he does decide to share. He does fantastic work :)

Also thank you for the tip regarding the Farnsworth House... that idea never even crossed my mind. I've only had the software for a couple days now so I'm still trying to figure everything out. Thankfully there seems to be quite a few tutorials on YouTube for Lumion so I feel like that's where I'll be spending my weekend :lol:

25 minutes ago, DavidJames said:

It actually came with Lumion. They have a few high res vehicles to select from :)

I'm always amazed by Jintu's stuff when he does decide to share. He does fantastic work :)

Also thank you for the tip regarding the Farnsworth House... that idea never even crossed my mind. I've only had the software for a couple days now so I'm still trying to figure everything out. Thankfully there seems to be quite a few tutorials on YouTube for Lumion so I feel like that's where I'll be spending my weekend :lol:

You're very welcome. Unlike CHIEF! Lumion is very intuitive. I believe the best way(s) of learning ANY software is to follow those who are willing to share their knowledge and experience. I get as much satisfaction in helping others as I do the money I make on projects, and sometimes more. DON'T MISS Chris Welton or Michael Brightman's work on YouTube. Unlike so many YouTube videos, they actually talk and explain what they are doing and why where many others, although nice work, speed through the process and play awful music in the process - I skip past those. The Lumion Staff on their site are incredibly responsive and actually provide help. Never do I get the DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS response saying...uh.."Send me a detailed explanation and steps to recreate" so they can submit it to vapor land never to be heard from again...or at least with a tangible solution. The upside...I don't hear about issues and have not had any myself so I guess that says something about the quality of the product they release. 

Drop a PM and I can send you direct links to my favorite sites and resources I've found so far. I think you will find them helpful as you set out on your journey through the incredible Real-Time 3D Virtual World creation tool called....LUMION!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!  I haven't shared anything here for awhile, so thought I'd post a couple of recent modeling/rendering projects -- two kitchens and a storage building. 

All were modeled in Chief (X9 and X10), including some of the furniture and lighting fixtures.  Rendering was done in Thea, with slight post adjustments in Photoshop. The storage building was photoshopped into the client's site photo, since the Nantucket planning board was concerned about how the building would affect the local streetscape.

kitchen view west FINAL.jpg

SE view photo merge rev building 021218 - FINAL APPROVED.jpg

kitchen-v3-022718.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

A client in Lake Tahoe completed this design around 2 years ago and it will be featured in an upcoming magazine article - not sure what or were yet. Modeled in Chief X8. Will see if I can find the older not so great RT's or renders as well.

Wells Tahoe Dusk Exterior.jpg

PDF Portfolio attached below

Tahoe House.pdf

Very nice work Larry! You did a great job with the lighting and I especially like your textures, they really make the scene.

Eric

On 3/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, HumbleChief said:

That's a picture of the real house - not a render

That's what I thought when I first saw it. I too was going to be "amazed" if that was a render!  We would have made Larry one of the new leaders on modelling and render training. :)

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SabGroup said:

Started on this prelim yesterday and was happy with how the rendering for the client turned out. 

5abac0a9e72e7_FrierView2eveningps.thumb.jpg.635b4555a9a999557d41401bbe30f8ae.jpg

looks fantastic, truly awesome work, make sure to share the final.

Might turn the f stop up, I would never shoot an arch-ext shot in an f-4 etc...more like an f-16, the bokeh is a bit severe and an actual camera would blur concentrically from the focal points whereas a rendering software often is planar in its implementation of the effect.

Working on a modern home built with conventional materials and glazing.  (asphalt shingle roof and 'normal' windows and doors).

This is the start of my concept for the design.   Drawn in chief and rendered in lumion

Still lots of tweaking to be done but the concept is there.   I got a little carried away.  I 'borrowed' the table and chairs from the BOTR model ;)

5abc4e15a469b_testlr.thumb.jpg.7f407398d4f9871bd58e8055159ad843.jpg

test lr 2.jpg

test lr 3.jpg

test lr 4.jpg

On 3/28/2018 at 1:09 AM, SabGroup said:

Started on this prelim yesterday and was happy with how the rendering for the client turned out. 

5abac0a9e72e7_FrierView2eveningps.thumb.jpg.635b4555a9a999557d41401bbe30f8ae.jpg

Great render!  If you don't mind me asking, what are your light settings for the exterior lights that highlight the exterior stone walls?  If you can post a screenshot or just the settings would be grateful to give them a try in a render I'm working with now.

3 minutes ago, limitless8 said:

Great render!  If you don't mind me asking, what are your light settings for the exterior lights that highlight the exterior stone walls?  If you can post a screenshot or just the settings would be grateful to give them a try in a render I'm working with now.

I rendered this in Lumion. If you want my Lumion settings I can check what my settings were.