Dan_Park

ChiefTalk Migration

Recommended Posts

On 11/15/2016 at 8:16 PM, Chopsaw said:

Dan,  It is a great addition to have the total number of posts in each thread at the top of the page, but what happened to the individual post numbers.:(

 

Just reading an older post and realized that all of the referenced post numbers have been deleted, what a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dan_Park said:

Among other things Dan said:

...A few of the features of the old forum software do not exist in the new forum. Friends were not migrated, there is a new concept called followers. That's not my choice it comes with the new software.

 

lol! Thanks for the reply Dan. No, "followers" would not have

been my choice either. Hey, I'm just a guy doing drafting on

a computer, not a messiah. ;) 

 

Seems kind of condescending to be asking to be a follower

as opposed to a friend.  JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Richard_Morrison said:

Dan,

I would be great if you could fix the link to the old Chieftalk site. It just redirects back to the new site. Thanks!

 

Yes, it does unless you reference an actual post. That's by design so users default to the new forum. I can pretty much guarantee that won't be changed.

 

Use Google to search thus:

 

site:www.chieftalk.com dormers

 

And you will get to the orignal CT forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jcaffee said:

Dan, is there an App?  Or do I need to open a browser on my Andriod phone?

 

Just use a browser - no app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Dan,

 

 I just had a rather interesting experience with posting.  Typed up post and added file, then realized file had wrong name, deleted file from post and then changed name and re uploaded.  When I previewed the post the original file was still there and would not go away.  Then things got really crazy when I tried to delete the post and start over.  It deleted ok but then when I went to repost it all reappeared even with the file that I deleted twice.  So the only solution that I could think of was to post and hope that I could edit after posting.  This worked but then after editing the Post tab is labeled as "Edit Topic"?

 

If you have any issues reproducing this situation please let me know.

 

Well good news, we are not loosing text while composing a post any more.;)

 

I'll take a look and see if there is something that can be improved based on your experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dan_Park said:

 

Yes, it does unless you reference an actual post. That's by design so users default to the new forum. I can pretty much guarantee that won't be changed.

 

Use Google to search thus:

 

site:www.chieftalk.com dormers

 

And you will get to the orignal CT forum

So how do you know what the title is of the original post?  Will the search find content or does it require an exact post title?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dan_Park said:

 

Just use a browser - no app.

i can not get the site to load on android samsung note 5 using chrome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks better on the phone than before.

I got logged off on the phone purging cached and cannot get the sign in button to work, brings me back to where it started. Evolution browser-tried as Android, Chrome desktop, and iphone. Blackberry 10 browser same thing.

I managed to get logged in going to Chief Architect main site, bouncing around. Did not log into forum at first, tried closing browser and still no go-oddly it logged in briefly this morning then nada again.

The other thing on the phone that I can't figure out-it used to automatically go to unread messages in a thread that I had been looking at (not tagged to follow or anything-just standard open topic and it scrolled to first message I had not read) Now it always goes to the first message.

I'd take the old behavior over the nicer look in a heartbeat. Scrolling through a  thread is a to find where I was is a real PIA on the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Test ......DbxNumberAngleStyle.JPGmore stuff...........CA_ X8Hotkeys.pdf

 

-Wall Niches with Hole in Wall.calibz

 

Not sure why I got the underlines above .... maybe I accidentally selected it?  Tried to highlight it and un-select "underdline" and it didn't work.

 

Edit:  When I selected Edit in viewing my new post, I am not seeing the underlines.  ????

 

2nd Edit:  Yet my first edit of my origninal post is till showing the underlining while I am not seeing it on my screen while editing.  As an experiment with this edit, I have selected "more stuff..........." and clicked the underline tool to see if it accidentally goes away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CJSpud said:

Test ......DbxNumberAngleStyle.JPGmore stuff...........CA_ X8Hotkeys.pdf

 

-Wall Niches with Hole in Wall.calibz

 

Not sure why I got the underlines above .... maybe I accidentally selected it?  Tried to highlight it and un-select "underdline" and it didn't work.

 

Edit:  When I selected Edit in viewing my new post, I am not seeing the underlines.  ????

 

2nd Edit:  Yet my first edit of my origninal post is till showing the underlining while I am not seeing it on my screen while editing.  As an experiment with this edit, I have selected "more stuff..........." and clicked the underline tool to see if it accidentally goes away.

 

CJ,  I believe you are referring to the underlined items that are links or downloads.  It is not a very clear system in my opinion but that seems to be the way it is set up.  Almost everyone else uses a different colour from the standard text usually in combination with italics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I did was attach an image then I drug it up and placed it behind (to the right of my first text) ... then typed some additional text and it was underlined without me thinking that I selected underline for that text.  The 2nd bit of text was'nt intended to be a link ... that's why I don't understand why it is underlined.  All I was doing was dragging attachments behind text to test the dragging functionality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I think I had the same sort of thing happen the other day.  Your  " more stuff...... " has somehow linked itself to the .JPG file attachment.  This is some sort of a bug but should correct itself with a couple of spaces placed between them.  Maybe Dan should take a look at what is causing this.  I think my problem was an image (.jpg) that linked itself to a Youtube video link corrupting both of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be missing something, but has anybody figured out how to edit their signature in the new system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Select "Account Settings" in the dropdown next to your name.  Then select "Edit Profile" (small type on the right side)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon,

 

Go to account settings and on the left side select signature.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimminie Christmas, it was right there.  Thanks, Jon & Joe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can not access ChiefTalk when I am connected to the internet through a VPN (Witopia). I did not have this issue with the old forum. Obviously, I can connect when I turn off the VPN feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2016 at 9:42 PM, Chopsaw said:

 

Just reading an older post and realized that all of the referenced post numbers have been deleted...

 

Ya, it would be really nice to get this feature back.  If you guys could please look into this issue, that would be great. 

 

Also, unless I'm missing something, there seems to be no way to create indentations aside from bullets or numbering?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

 

Ya, it would be really nice to get this feature back.  If you guys could please look into this issue, that would be great. 

 

Seems this is getting worse and worse the more I search through older posts.  Links to CA Training Videos no longer function and it seems that attachment are missing in many cases.  This is making it hard to make use of the forum and even more difficult to use it for helping others out during the times when tech support is closed.  This will be a great loss of knowledge if these things are lost and can not be restored quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not getting any E-mails automatically sent to me on the posts I put anything on, and the check to send me -e-mails is checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't log into ChiefTalk on my Android tablet running 4.4.2 and a Chrome browser.  I can log in with the Internet browser but would prefer to use Chrome as it's more current.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2016 at 11:28 AM, Chopsaw said:

Ok I think I had the same sort of thing happen the other day.  Your  " more stuff...... " has somehow linked itself to the .JPG file attachment.  This is some sort of a bug but should correct itself with a couple of spaces placed between them.  Maybe Dan should take a look at what is causing this.  I think my problem was an image (.jpg) that linked itself to a Youtube video link corrupting both of them. 

 

HD-2017-Reference-Manual-NV.PNGI hope everyone had a good holiday.

 

I noticed the link problem with inserted images. If you insert an image and start typing you get text that is part of the href link to the acutal image. It's really annoying. I have been testing the latest beta update today and noticed something about images that is useful.

 

You can double click the image and set the alignment to be left, right or none.

 

By default it inserts as none. But if you choose left alignment it wraps your text around the image.

 

That might help. And no it's not fixed in the next update either. The problem with multiple logins is resolved and there are a couple of new features we are evaluating prior to deployment which I think you will like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MoeGia said:

I can't log into ChiefTalk on my Android tablet running 4.4.2 and a Chrome browser.  I can log in with the Internet browser but would prefer to use Chrome as it's more current.

 

Can you log in to https://login.chiefarchitect.com on the chrome browser on the Android Tablet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27853
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    Drab24
    Newest Member
    Drab24
    Joined