johnny

0 floor stem/wall vs room height

So adding a foundation to the main (1) floor - so foundation on floor 0 - shouldn't the stem wall of the foundation be dynamic with the room height?  Id like it to be, so is there a way to get that done?

post-75-0-19317800-1471384836_thumb.jpg

You know what JPC,  I would be interested in hosting a FLOOR ELEVATION workshop if there was enough interest.  Some how I seem to get through it....  not to imply that I don't have issues occasionally.  The reason I would host it is to see if I can solve what ever issues you or anybody else has.

I get it...  there is some confusion/irrational CA behaviors,  but I cannot quite put my finger on the problem yet.

Whhhoooooooaaaaaaaaaa,  is this the JPC that never shows up for the workshops?  

I'm the JPC that never shows to workshops if you are the same scott that never sends me the invite through your normal email...=)

I dont know why I never get whatever initial invite you send me.  Whenever ive been able to make it is when you or someone else directly emails me.

One of those workshops would be very cool.

You know what JPC,  I would be interested in hosting a FLOOR ELEVATION workshop if there was enough interest.  

yes.  I would be interested.

So adding a foundation to the main (1) floor - so foundation on floor 0 - shouldn't the stem wall of the foundation be dynamic with the room height?  Id like it to be, so is there a way to get that done?

Johnny,

While on level zero, you need to set the Stem Wall height to be the Rough Ceiling height + Floor Structure thickness (even if there is no floor in the foundation).

I would be interested as I am "pro" FDN/Bsmt on level 0.  Don't get why FDN/Bsmt on level 1 for everything.  I do understand in specific circumstances, but not everything.   Let's do it.

Count me in. I am into learning something new anytime. I still consider myself a rookie.

Will head phones be sufficient or do I need a microphone too?

sounds good, as long as it is not a weekend for me.

Okay guys,  there seems to be some interest in this.  I will schedule a workshop for a Wednesday at 4:00 PM PST which would be Thursday 9:00 AM for those folks down South,  or I will schedule it for a Friday at 4:00 PM PST which would be Saturday 9:00 AM for those folks down South.  

It is tough finding a time that works for everybody.  Thank goodness I am not trying to satisfy any  Europeans.

Graeme,  what works for you?

Sign me up coach....anything to get my head wrapped around this software. I'll make it work either way....Do we send you an email Scott...and if so, can you post it?

Johnny, is there a reason you are using a stem wall for a slab footing? Count me in for the meeting also