Speed it up please..... please.... this is ridiculous...

dshall

I know,  I know,  if we do the right things the program is relatively quick....  but Jesus Christ......  I get so fed up with working and for some reason I do something out of order the whole program freezes....  it is hanging up now....  trying to do a line drawing....  I can't even get out of the mfing line drawing mode....  I can't believe you guys at CA have not seen this.....  this is plain stupid...  how do I get out of the mfing line mode?

Plain stupid,  plain stupid....  please fix this.....

I had to do a force quit,  thanks guys.....  plain stupid......

You guys at CA must of noticed that if you have the layout open along with the plan.....  if the moons aren't aligned correct,  the program with slows down unmercifully or it hangs.....  come on guys,  get it together.

You guys at CA must of noticed that if you have the layout open along with the plan.....  if the moons aren't aligned correct,  the program with slows down unmercifully or it hangs.....  come on guys,  get it together.

Scott,

I don't think they have their earphones turned up. BTW I think Joe is ahead of you on points. Are you still beating him at golf.

Ron

Ron,  I am waiting a couple years until Joe hits the century mark and then I will clean his clock.  And I would be ahead of Joe in points if he would stop dinging me,  I am getting so mad at him,  I don't think I will ever buy him another beer at the 19th hole.  Did I ever say that he is the most expensive friend I have?

Scott, are you getting this behavior on your Mac? I have not observed this kind of behavior myself, I mean, perhaps it is your mode of operation that brings about this unwanted performance. You might review exactly what you do, just before a bout of this and see if it is something you are doing that is contributing to this situation that you can spot and then change yourself.

DJP

I'm not on a Mac, but I get equally frustrated trying to get my work done in Chief.  Having a 3D view open on the second monitor makes everything painfully slow.  My computer is 2 years old (a dinosaur) and I'm running a 780 GTX.  It shouldn't be a problem.  Something is just not right.

I try to only work on one or the other for that reason.

Yeah,  I get it,  I just think about my  son not having to worry about Revit hanging up.......  28 hours and I am going to go across the pond and then I don't care.....  a client texted me last night at 7:15,......

"....... errr Scott,  I want to sell blah blah blah,  while you are gone,  I met with them last  night,  can you put together a set of plans for me before you leave?"

...  what did I say?,  "  Hey thanks Jim for the heads up,  at least you did not wait until Friday morning"

....  trying to wrap up two jobs before I leave,  if it doesn't happen.......  oh heck,   who am I kidding,  I'll get her done......

If you use a grid snaps, set it to 1/4" and not any lower. Do you really want 1/32" dimension's in your plan, not me. A very low setting will tax Chief b/c of the extra decimal points needed to figure everything out within the program.

• Upvote 2

If you use a grid snaps, set it to 1/4" and not any lower. Do you really want 1/32" dimension's in your plan, not me. A very low setting will tax Chief b/c of the extra decimal points needed to figure everything out within the program.

I  think this is a very good tip.  We use 2x4's,  what is half the width of a 2x4?  Width = 1-1/2" therefore half of that is 3/4",  a multiple of 1/4",  hence the 1/4" grid snap.

No,  I think it is right,  so about to go on trip,  finishing up two jobs,  want to leave office by noon for pick up at 5:00 to airport for the redeye, I can't send emaiils,  so far spent 2 hours on phone with apple support trying to work this out,  no success yet,  not getting my jobs done,  blood is boiling,   Lynn is calling,  clients are calling,  installing updates for apple

This is now the second guy I have talked with.  The first guy I spoke with from 7:00-8:00,  he said something was screwed up at apple,  but they will call back at 9:00,  1- hour appt. with client,  apple calls me back at 9:00,  spent 2.5 hours on phone with him,  after 2.5 hours I asked him if he is not sure if it is not something screwed up at his end,  he said it probably is at there end,  wait til 6:30 tonight and try again.

The first guy told me that,  why did I just spend 2.5 hours with the second guy?   I don't know,  I ain't the sharpest .......  well you know.  I am going to wrap these jobs up in 1.5 hours and then I am gone.

Yeah,  I get it,  I just think about my  son not having to worry about Revit hanging up.......  

I left Revit for Archicad as Revit used to slow to a crawl with bigger models. Archicad was way better but that one too became slow at a certain point. I then tried Quadro level cards, which helps, but my point is that Revit certainly has its share of slowness.