DRAWZILLA

Members
  • Posts

    8698
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DRAWZILLA

  1. I always just re-start my computer when that freaky stuff happens.
  2. I'm pretty sure it's a free download now, at least a month ago it was.
  3. Move the property lines not the house. Also use the north pointer so the bearings are correct
  4. ok but that is not what he is asking . He wants a railing wall over a roof. can't do it
  5. You don't,, have to use a symbol or a mold'g p-line for the parapet
  6. I use a roof beam for all my ridges, the ridge setting I use for the blocking if needed
  7. 70% 0f the total exterior wall space needs to be open, but I find that the plan checker can make anything up.
  8. Nice Dave, I sure wish Chief would fix the sloping soffit with molding. It's been a problem since time began.
  9. you can't even expect Chief to offer anything close to Autocad, just look at the price difference. That tells you everything. I choose Chief many years ago because I didn't need all the features of AC . And I didn't want to take out several mortgages to do it. My son went to AC school for 4 years, he now owns the business and has many people draw for him. I still like Chief much better for what I do, residential.
  10. Yep ,Chief has never been backward compatible, maybe someday.
  11. I have figured out that the Microsoft text size settings will mess with your Chief blocked text. You need to unblock the text then re-block. So, I will not be changing that again.
  12. You can get the overbuild by using the truss base tool even if you have no trusses. Not sure if it really saves time though.
  13. Is the framing sill plate turned on in that camera views layer set
  14. change the pitch of the deck roof in the front deck railing wall DBX for auto roof function or just place the shed roof manually. \
  15. I always just turn off attic walls in plan view. if you want the existing floor to show, you need to add reference sets as needed. Chief has videos on their web site about this.
  16. Dave over at Chieftutor.com has some with video on how to make them
  17. I was talking about a room finish schedule, which I use for a room schedule
  18. you do have to tell Chief to include the room in the schedule. Open the rooms DBX and tell it to include in the schedule.
  19. I HAVE dual monitors running with my Alienware system and Nvidia 980ti, not having any problems.
  20. Out here in the land of fruits and flat lots, I don't get a lot of sloped lots, but when I do, I just don't show anything below grade, cover all that in the sections. Also place my cameras outside the lot perimeter and use a dirt material for the skirt.
  21. Am I missing something or can't you just create an elevation layerset and make the footing and foundation walls a dotted line for that layerset.
  22. I use the invisible rail deck tool on the 2nd floor. You can adjust all the settings and the posts are automatic if set up correctly. Create a 2nd floor if you don't have one.