-
Posts
8701 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by DRAWZILLA
-
Here is a note from tech support I just got about measuring other buildings on the lot in the same plan The app will continue to evolve, with further features and workflows being added through future updates. In its current form, there is actually a workaround you can try for measuring a detached building such as a garage or ADU and keeping it positioned relative to the main property. This isn't a workflow we currently train, but if you're happy to test it, I'd be really interested to hear how you get on. 1. Complete and save the measurement of your main property as normal. 2. On the floor plan, tap the external door that leads towards the detached building. 3. Tap Add Room from that selected door. 4. Complete the 'adding a room' steps as normal, moving outside towards the detached building. 5. As you make your way across to the garage or ADU, place LX1 flat on the ground with the LEDs facing upwards whenever you need a temporary pause point. 6. Continue towards the detached building, adding further LEDs-up pause points as required. 7. Once you reach the detached building, place LX1 normally against the wall and then continue measuring the room as usual. The LEDs-up placements are ignored when creating the room geometry, allowing you to travel between the main property and the detached building while maintaining its relative position within the measurement.
-
Still trying things out, but it will pick up wall thicknesses. there is no limit for exterior measurements. The LX1 doesn't need any line of sight to measure things, even though it does have a laser on the back side for accuracy but doesn't need it. It measures based on exactly where you place a point in 3d space using gyros. I don't use an apple lidar so this is what I will be using. Of course, there will be so adjustment once you get the plan into chief. it saves me a lot of layout walls time at the start of a project and measuring a home is much faster and more accurate than hand measuring.
-
I purchased the LX1 and have had it a few days. seems to work good but i am still learning it. Measured my house and it did as advertised. It should save me a lot of layout time as I can import the dwg then use the cad to walls feature and get 3d in minutes. Of course, there will aways be some fix up like windows and doors to get exactly as you want. Anyone can use it to measure as it is really simple to use. I like it. You can also do exterior walls, patios. the only thing is that measuring to property lines is still to be decided, like if you have a detached garage you have to draw it as a separate floor plan and take a measurement from the house to garage. nice tool.
-
get mine today, I'll test for a couple days then let you know.
-
yes, I realize there will be some fix up, and I don't mind it. I usually have to fix everything anyway with regular laser measurements to some degree. What I like about this is it will capture wall thickness which is something you can never get with hand measurements and screws up you measurements. I guess shortly I'll find out. BTW you can buy one now, but you have to be on a wait list.
-
Yep, I purchased one, shipping Friday.
-
I'm not having that problem. Everything working good here.
-
Did not slow down on my system
-
lib. is also a bit slow for me. everything else is good. Non- managed mode
-
thanks Rene, I thought I was using chief's macro, I choose it from the macro list that comes up in the room ceiling height dbx from chief.
-
I'm pretty sure it's one that \Chief provides in their macros that come with the program using their label system.
-
I am also wondering why, when I remove the ceiling in a room, it still says 97" ceiling in the label and not n/a like it used to using chief's built in labels.
-
I also have a whole existing plan section with existing camera views just for the existing, but I also need the referenced plan under the new remodeled plan, not really a fan of how chief does it. kind of have my own method.
- 7 replies
-
- renovation
- adding and addition
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I draw an existing plan first, then copy that plan as new, then draw the remodel and use the existing plan as a reference plan under the remodeled plan. The trick is to create a new layer set that just has only the items showing, that you want to show. Basic cad like lines so when you make changes the referenced plan under will show. Remove a wall existing wall under will show. There is more than that but it is basically what you want to show, cabinets, fixtures etc.
- 7 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- renovation
- adding and addition
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Okay, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
-
Hi Brian, I thought the problem might be my mouse, so I’ve left it off ever since. I’m not sure if anyone has fixed it. I have a Logitech MX4 mouse.
-
Brian nope, not what I turned in. had to do with screen jumping and I was told to turn auto scroll off and it would be fixed in a future fix
-
I turned in a report a while ago, and support told me the issue was the automatic‑scrolling setting in Chief. They said they would fix it. That’s what sticks with me.
-
you might try turning off the auto scroll function in preferences. worked for me.
-
Recent NVIDIA Drivers Causing Crashes (40 series cards only) - RESOLVED
DRAWZILLA replied to CarrieS's topic in General Q & A
thanks for the info -
Recent NVIDIA Drivers Causing Crashes (40 series cards only) - RESOLVED
DRAWZILLA replied to CarrieS's topic in General Q & A
has anyone tried the latest new release (today 7-28-26), is it working? -
Help with Basement foundation walls adjacent to slab above
DRAWZILLA replied to tchomes's topic in General Q & A
try moving the terrain to the lower level -
is x17 also crashing? if so, It's your video card driver. install the one from april, they are having problems with the latest drivers.
-
I use a Logitech mx4 for the actual drawing, and I also use a Contour roller-mouse red extended for the extra buttons.
