Latest release

winterdd

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

Not exactly what you are looking for but may help you in modeling them in the meantime:

image.thumb.png.c516864dbfeb351742e7cd76076c0784.png

image.thumb.png.49f26fb18f49555ca551fbaf2ae7485e.png

image.thumb.png.5becd28d69c8be940353c447cc01cd48.png

Quick cross section and cad detail from view and cut and paste and had a functional section.

Nice work around. Ryan, thanks!!!

8 hours ago, Doug_N said:

Concrete stairs are neither radical nor new.  They are common and used, perhaps on more than half of all projects in one place or another.  CA made a great step in making a railing wall that would follow stairs allowing for great flexibility in railing styles.  Unfortunately some common stairs can't be done at all using the stair tool.  

One example is stairs like this image.thumb.png.537e2f2bb7bdc0294c5709fb08bc61c4.png

Yes I agree and it would certainly be very nice to see these common stair types made available in CA. Perhaps someone could create a visual list in the suggestions forum of the common stair types needed ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 12:55 PM, rgardner said:

Not exactly what you are looking for but may help you in modeling them in the meantime:

image.thumb.png.c516864dbfeb351742e7cd76076c0784.png

image.thumb.png.49f26fb18f49555ca551fbaf2ae7485e.png

image.thumb.png.5becd28d69c8be940353c447cc01cd48.png

On 1/12/2024 at 12:55 PM, rgardner said:

Quick cross section and cad detail from view and cut and paste and had a functional section.

Hi Ryan,

This is a pretty good work around and again, thank you for that. but a far cry from having something interactive that can be played with as the design migrates through client changes and plans examiners comments.  I would suspect that accomplishing this using the stair tool should be something that shouldn't be too difficult to code for the wizards of bits at CA seeing some of the things that they have come up with so far.  This would be easier to generate than a standard stair that is now included.   This workaround does not fix 3d presentations because of the 1" side overhang as well.  I have asked several times for them to separate the front and side overhangs, because on external concrete stairs (in my jurisdiction) the front overhang is required by code, and there is no side overhang in concrete steps in most cases.  

All of that being said, I will be using your great idea in projects that have below grade stairs to generate a section profile. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 9:04 PM, winterdd said:

HA, I have become quite comfortable with X13 and have everything set just like I want it. Waiting until the last of December and ordering a new dell Alienware and upgrading then then.

wow. that's almost hard to believe. i did one plan in that and went back to 12. no offense Chief, but 13 was crap. 15 is great. should catch up to that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would like to also mark my place in line for X16. Working with a group trying to develop a passive house standard. Any added functionality in the software to help with their unique requirements will help. Not to mention having the best possible output for their presentations. We also have to output as much data as we can for processing in other software, for thermal calculations. If X16 has more export options that would help. The exterior walls are 14" thick, with almost no thermal bridging.

Its starting to sound like X16 won't happen until summer, maybe June at the earliest.  I sure hope that is not the case.  I have a project starting this week that would be a great candidate for putting through the paces of X16.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mavriq said:

Would love to see what's in X16 as well. 

So far all I have seen is an "accidental" reveal of dimensions in a 3D view, from a recent Chief training video.

Pretty anemic for this time of year, seeing how X15 was released officially end of March 2023.

Are there any other sneak peeks other than this out there?

Hello everyone,

I talked with sales and they said that private beta has started in the middle of February and we should see (if no further issues found) public beta by late spring/early summer.

I have not seen any updates on new features either. Sadly. Sales is very tight with sharing any info as of yet. 

14 minutes ago, Dominic900 said:

Hello everyone,

I talked with sales and they said that private beta has started in the middle of February and we should see (if no further issues found) public beta by late spring/early summer.

I have not seen any updates on new features either. Sadly. Sales is very tight with sharing any info as of yet. 

I didn't know private beta started yet?  I asked to join the private beta and never got a response, so I just figured private beta had not started.

1 hour ago, Doug_N said:

Now that is just mean.  :P

it's probably because I whine about stuff they think is trivial.  Just like my idea of being able to copy and paste angular dimensions and reassociate them to things just like we can do for linear dimension strings.  Being able to rotate dimension text for angular dimensions.  Being able to add to or override dimension text for angular dimensions.  Being able to modify material defaults list similar to the room types dialogue.  They probably know I would complain about not having 3D angular dimensions.  Just Joking!

• Upvote 2

SSA beta must be different to private beta. Always going to be some surprises in X16 and 3D dimensions is just one leaked clue. We just have to wait till it’s our turn to find out. If you got SSA you probably will not have to wait as long as me. Still it’s good to see CA getting better and better. 

The private beta is in process and will be opening to more people.  We'll post a new thread soon on the specifics.  You can request to be on the list by sending an email to beta@ chiefarchitect.com

2 hours ago, mthd97 said:

SSA beta must be different to private beta. Always going to be some surprises in X16 and 3D dimensions is just one leaked clue. We just have to wait till it’s our turn to find out. If you got SSA you probably will not have to wait as long as me. Still it’s good to see CA getting better and better. 

I am up to date on my SSA.