What to do when you just can't figure something out with CA software?

jmyers

What did/do you do when you are drawing a set of plans for a client and run into an issue (something you don't know how to draw with CA) that you just can't figure out to complete the plan?  You've watched videos, read training manuals, posted to this forum, etc. I don't currently have that issue; just asking as a hypothetical. 

Thanks to all that respond. 

if it can be built, it can be drawn,  There's nothing that the program can't make.

Post the plan and we will ultimately generate a ten page thread about why everyone has a different work-around. :)

More importantly... You'll also get your answer!

• Upvote 2

Do you have SSA? I have only come up with a few things that were not addressed in videos or forums and had to just plow through. What is it that you are struggling with?  There is some awesomely talented guys on here that would help. How long have you been using Chief? Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Cheers.
  • Upvote 2

And if you are thinking to pick one or two issues that all of the above options can't solve. Don't forget that there is no perfect CAD Software, even if it is chief!!!

Chief do in a speed of light compared to others, when it comes to 99% of the normal construction in USA, may be 90-95% in the rest of the world. And of course, I can say it is less than one in a thousand that mostly deal with odds.

Note:- Some of you may ask me about the source of the figures in percentages above, it is just my bare judgement and I can be wrong..:D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jmyers said:

What did/do you do when you are drawing a set of plans for a client and run into an issue (something you don't know how to draw with CA) that you just can't figure out to complete the plan?  You've watched videos, read training manuals, posted to this forum, etc. I don't currently have that issue; just asking as a hypothetical. 

Thanks to all that respond. 

I would talk to The Great Glenn Woodward,  he  knows everything,    or post the plan and one of us other peons will probably solve it for you.  Joe Carrick will write a macro to fix it,  The Alaskan son will write a different macro to solve it,  I will do a long and boring video to solve it,  Perry will write up a solution but he will misspell every other word,  Yusuf will come up with a solution that nobody else thought about,  Val will do something,  DJP  will pontificate and if you can figure out what he is talking about.......  

My Friend,  post the plan and you will have a bunch of nitwits give you a solution,  what else do you want?

Bottom line,  there are a bunch of folks out here that will help free of charge......  free of charge?......  I never said we were the smartest folks around.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, dshall said:

I would talk to The Great Glenn Woodward,  he  knows everything,    or post the plan and one of us other peons will probably solve it for you.  Joe Carrick will write a macro to fix it,  The Alaskan son will write a different macro to solve it,  I will do a long and boring video to solve it,  Perry will write up a solution but he will misspell every other word,  Yusuf will come up with a solution that nobody else thought about,  Val will do something,  DJP  will pontificate and if you can figure out what he is talking about, and JPC will whine how he wished CA would do it better......  

My Friend,  post the plan and you will have a bunch of nitwits give you a solution,  what else do you want?

Bottom line,  there are a bunch of folks out here that will help free of charge......  free of charge?......  I never said we were the smartest folks around.

You forgot someone.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, payettedesigns said:
Do you have SSA? I have only come up with a few things that were not addressed in videos or forums and had to just plow through. What is it that you are struggling with?  There is some awesomely talented guys on here that would help. How long have you been using Chief? Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Cheers.

I haven't purchased CA yet. I have the trial version and it seems fairly easy to learn the basics.  However, I do understand that it takes years to become a very strong user.  

I like to search the Videos and manual first then search the forum. Then ask the big guns, old gun slingers and young guns and if that fails put in a suggestion or get another app than can do the job with minimal fuss.