Using X7 Beta For New Project

Larry_Sweeney

I've been away from CA for a couple of months on other projects but I downloaded X7 beta recently and I'm getting ready to start a new project (actually three) and am wondering what are the thoughts on the forum with using the beta version for new projects. Does anyone have any misgivings for doing this? Thanks and always appreciate everyone's advice.

• Downvote 1

One thing that has come up with some users is a lag in performance.  2 second wait on selecting check box

in dbx, a little slower response in general.  On the other hand some seem to be fine.    Nothing earth shattering

new in X7 so it might be worth waiting a few weeks for the official release.

I would never use beta software, of any ilk, for production work.  It's part of my process since...well, a long time ago.  Many unreleased (beta/in development), trial, and free software has license terms which preclude commercial use.  Not sure with CA, but as a practice, I don't use Beta.

jon

I've been away from CA for a couple of months on other projects but I downloaded X7 beta recently and I'm getting ready to start a new project (actually three) and am wondering what are the thoughts on the forum with using the beta version for new projects. Does anyone have any misgivings for doing this? Thanks and always appreciate everyone's advice.

No way unless you want to loose a bunch of work

I'm using Beta for production, but agree with the lag, and printing is super slow.  Hopefully the final release with these fixes come out soon.  But the Beta is very solid otherwise.  No more crashes in X7 that I get in X6, which are few.

Good luck.

I have been a Beta Tester on every version since version 8. So far, like Perry I have done several dozen projects in Beta 7 and on my machine there is no lag at all. I have found that Chief Architect Inc is very careful about the quality of its public beta releases and I have never been 'left in the lurch" by doing so. You do what seems right and safe to you and so will I.

DJP