PDF to DWG converter

Arcadian

4 hours ago, robdyck said:

pdf to image

This is what I do as well.  Comes in handy with survey plans, so I don't have to duplicate the legal descriptions plus any thing else that might be on it.  I just draw the lot, easements and placements of structures and misc. 

36 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

This is what I do as well.  Comes in handy with survey plans, so I don't have to duplicate the legal descriptions plus any thing else that might be on it.  I just draw the lot, easements and placements of structures and misc. 

I use the DWG for the survey certificate as well, it works fabulously with a little CAD outline of the building strategically placed on top. I import the PDF to my desk top then screen shot it (DWG), file it with the project, and then delete the desktop PDF. I put the DWG on a CAD sheet, fix up any additional markings and send it to the layout.

I've had PDF2CAD for a few years now and it does work when needed, the caveat is that it only works on TRUE PDFs, (Vector based) many people scan their PDFs on auto and inevitably the scanner creates an Image ( think pixels) which is then "printed" to PDF .

How to tell? --- single click a PDF and if it goes Blue, it is Image based,  these can't be seen by PDF2CAD.  Below is there PDF on that...

PDF - Raster or Vector.pdf

Mick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks all-

At this point I think the issue with the drawing I am trying to work with is that is in Raster format.

Is there a way to convert Raster to Vector so it then could be converted to DWG or some other format that can be edited in CA?

Several Programs and companies that offer this kind of service of conversion of raster to vector. Personally use CorelDraw. It will allow raster to vector conversion by several different means including center line trace then save as a number of formats but if your wanting DWG that is one of the formats. If this is a big drawing probably not practical unless you want to spend a lot of cleanup time although Corel is one of the better programs I've found. 

• Like 1