Drawing Sheet Setup...

HumbleChief

I use 50 mm. I found there was no need for such high line weight numbers. I also found that Chief had a lot of silly line weight number like 18 or 36.

I found that by using 1:50 mm, I could simplify most of my line weights into increments of 10 and sometimes 5. In other words, 10, 20, 30, and sometimes 5, 15, 25.

13 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I also found that Chief had a lot of silly line weight number like 18 or 36.

Just a FYI and as Graeme says.....the oldies amongst us will know.....

The OOB line weights are based on the old Rotering pen sizes and thus a line weight of 18 is based on the Rotering pen weight of 1.8mm.

A line weight of 36 is based on the Rotering pen weight of 3.6mm....etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HumbleChief said:

Darned if I don't know what that means. How do you adjust layer line weights P?

each layer set has line weights for each item, just make them whatever you want. set them once and forgot it.

• Upvote 1

Way back in the old days, and I am talking way back, the default line weight in Chief was 1:600 in.  If I can remember right, they changed it to 1:100 mm at some point to be more consistent with other cad standards at the time.  You used to see old plans with it still set to 1:600 every once in a while but I haven't seen one in years.  Never saw one at 1:700 though.

Since most people are probably using 1:100 mm, you might have some conversion issues if you download someone's cad details and want to use them in your plans.