I work for a GC in a very large retirement community and Bid Cages are big.  Though I don't see anywhere in .CA to build a bird cage structure.  (By bird cage I do not literally mean a cage for a bird, I had to explain this to  a .CA sales rep)  thanks in advance for the help.

Tell us all what that means or provide a pic.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I want to know too, what is a birdcage not used for a bird?

1 hour ago, Markus_iv said:

I work for a GC in a very large retirement community and Bid Cages are big.  Though I don't see anywhere in .CA to build a bird cage structure.  (By bird cage I do not literally mean a cage for a bird, I had to explain this to  a .CA sales rep)  thanks in advance for the help.

You need to explain it to all of us, lol

I thought everyone knew what a bird cage was after Miley got hers.  I think it would have to be built with mostly solids.

Miley's Bird Cage.jpg

Maybe a Cupola ??

Cupola!!!!! that's it.  lol    18403550_10210857074516553_8780757106870306559_n.thumb.jpg.65a223162b4b963790b359a525e26bdc.jpg

Now that we know what the bird cage is, the O.P. question can be answered. Yes Chief could do a bird cage over a pool and there is no quick way or magic button to accomplish it. Solids, polylines and various materials will get you started.

A bird cage.....  kind of like an aviary.....  model it like that build it....  how do they build it?

3 hours ago, ShaneK said:

Solids, polylines and various materials will get you started.

What?  Are you slightly masochistic or do you like to "draw" your plans? :wacko:

Panel railing walls--post to ceiling--and roof planes specified correctly is how I do it. (And the occasional Molding Polyline)

Oh I was rambling Jon Caffee, my point is "get going at it and figure it out"!!!! If I had a project that was wanting a pool birdhouse I'm quite certain I would be asking for help too.

LOL, Thanks for all the replies.  This is what we call a birdcage down here in florida.

Birdcage.jpg