Is Automatically Place Roof Intersection Points missing in V 15 ?

PLANSAHEAD

Hi all. Is the option Automatically Place Roof Intersection Points missing in the Beta 15? I cannot seem to find it where it was previously located in the Preferences DBX. Is there another way to turn this feature ? TIA

Tony T

Screenshot 2023-03-02 153626 CA 14.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-02 153626 CA 15.jpg

12 hours ago, PLANSAHEAD said:

It clearly states in  Help  that the option to turn on this feature is in Preferences.

Remember that X15 is still in Beta testing and is incomplete and if you're beta testing, please make sure to report findings like these so that they can get fixed.

12 hours ago, PLANSAHEAD said:

Not having that option is a step backwards and now a multi click task. 

I have to disagree.  The tool is way better now and at most its only one extra click.  Not only do we no longer have to deal with unwanted points generating every time we clicked on roof planes, but we also have much more refined control over what points get generated as well as visual feedback helping us know for sure which edge we're about to select and where the point is going to be generated.  I think its a noteworthy improvement myself.

• Upvote 1

I think to each their own, but the manual states that it is or should at least be an option, I am not happy with that one extra click, particularly when working on complex roofs. Obviously if it's an option, you could choose to leave it off, but if it's NOT an option, the users who prefer that option on are left without it. When someone is working on complex roof shapes, it can literally be dozens or more clicks, like the project below, so I for one hope it makes an appearance on the final version of 15 (I am not a Beta Tester). Thx.

volpe exterior pic 06 17 2019.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PLANSAHEAD said:

I for one hope it makes an appearance on the final version of 15 (I am not a Beta Tester). Thx.

Hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up faster.  Seriously though, you’re unlikely to see anything you don’t proactively ask for.  

By the way, how do you have access to X15 Beta if you’re not a Beta tester?  

15 as a beta version is available for download to all users if your subscription is up to date. I haven't really used it much, partly bc the inconvenience of that very item,one of the first things that drove me crazy.....

So if you are using X15 right now (25.0), then you are using the beta version (even though it doesn't say "beta" anywhere in the program) which means you are indeed a beta tester.  You should report any problems you find so that they can try to fix them before the official release. 

Or, if you don't have the patience for dealing with problems like this, then you should stop using X15 until it is released.  There is no guarantee that you won't find these problems later though.  My philosophy is that the earlier I find a problem and the earlier I report it, the more likely that it will get it fixed sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

X15 Beta if you’re not a Beta tester

X15 was released into PUBLIC BETA last week.

27 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

So if you are using X15 right now (25.0), then you are using the beta version (even though it doesn't say "beta" anywhere in the program) which means you are indeed a beta tester.  You should report any problems you find so that they can try to fix them before the official release. 

Or, if you don't have the patience for dealing with problems like this, then you should stop using X15 until it is released.  There is no guarantee that you won't find these problems later though.  My philosophy is that the earlier I find a problem and the earlier I report it, the more likely that it will get it fixed sooner rather than later.

DBCooper is correct here.  When you downloaded it states beta as did the email you received and the post here in the forum which means it is still being tested.  If something does not work the way you like or you find a bug you are supposed to report it so that the designers can fix it or consider the change prior to full public release.

And just as an FYI you are using version X15 not v15 (actually v25 as after version 10 they went to x1).  I know that sounds picky but it really helps others to know exactly what you have and will be more likely to help you out with an issue if they don't have to go hunting for the correct information or figure out what you are describing or working with.  Just a trick to help you in the future.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

complex about that roof

I agree, but I never do auto roofs anyways, I like the thought process of how all those planes come together.  A very beautiful house though.  I'd think I'd have more issues with those balconies than the roof, IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1