Steve-C

Apple M1 Chips

Anyone using a new Apple machine with an M1 chip? From what I've seen on Youtube photo editing software is running extremely well through Rosetta 2. I'm curious to see how CA runs with Rosetta.

The M1 isn't available in the more powerful computers with advanced video cards like the 16" MacBook Pro or Mac Pro.

I'll wait until the top of the line has the M1.

Same answer as Greg as I am waiting till the pro versions are running them but everything I read gets me excited for down the road.  However I will mention that I ordered one for my wife to replace her previous model mbp 13" and it should be here next week and I plan on loading chief to see how the thing runs out of curiosity.  I will try to update here once I have played with it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rgardner said:

Same answer as Greg as I am waiting till the pro versions are running them but everything I read gets me excited for down the road.  However I will mention that I ordered one for my wife to replace her previous model mbp 13" and it should be here next week and I plan on loading chief to see how the thing runs out of curiosity.  I will try to update here once I have played with it.

I'm looking forward to hearing about it

I'm only wanting the upgraded MacBook Air. I have the early 2020 model for site measuring and meetings. It's great for site measuring but the graphics are solely lacking for meetings. Apple claims a boost of up to 5x over the intel based MacBook Air and the initial benchmarks seem to suggest that is the case. My only concern is Rosetta, but if it runs CA as well as some of the photo editing software we could be in for a pleasant surprise.