Sign in to follow this  
hamedDesighn

How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimentions

How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .

i would be thankful if somebody help .

Screenshot (49).png

I see people asking for this, but I don't really understand the question. If your walls are moving, you are doing something to move them. 

Which wall are you trying to move?

I can honestly say I have never had this issue, and I have been using Chief for 15 years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joey_martin said:

I see people asking for this, but I don't really understand the question. If your walls are moving, you are doing something to move them. 

Which wall are you trying to move?

I can honestly say I have never had this issue, and I have been using Chief for 15 years. 

That's because you're only using chief :lol:

so lets say , um , we just want a wall dimension to be locked , this is very simple , because in a very complex REAL WORLD map , we don't have square walls we have off angle walls we have stuff that controlling them is a little bit hard , and suddenly when an important wall dimension changes anything become destructed it could be better if it was able to do that , like other software , like solidWorks constraint dimension system ;)

• Downvote 1

You're right, I only use Chief. The way Solidworks or any other Autocrap do it is of no bearing to this software. If you want to adjust the angled wall(s), stop selecting the angled wall(s) and select the adjacent wall(s) moving around your plan counter-clockwise and when you get back to the beginning, everything will be as you want it.

• Upvote 1

One thing you could do which will help if you accidentally do not follow Joey's instruction on wall moving.  Draw a polyline that follows the proper outline of the walls and make it a bright color. If your walls move you'll see and be able to snap it back to the polyline.  Needless to say if you do this, you should put the polyline on a special layer.

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FTTF_CA
    Newest Member
    FTTF_CA

• By stevenyhof
      I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"
      Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".
      See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.
      Any thoughts?

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan

• By hamedDesighn
      Hi , when ever i press delete key i should see this why ? seriously ? this bug was within chief since 2 years ago that i started with it .
    • By DCB123
      Hello, my name is Doug, as I am a Chief Arch’l Cad Designer, looking to help other contractors, builders and Chief users with their residential projects, 3D models, plans, walkthroughs, photo realistic renderings in Chief Architect & Lumion softwares.
      I have a well established portfolio of the houses that I’ve done, renders in lumion 
      and other references as well.
      I would love to discuss your next design project with you, and even do a free online meeting, for us to get better aquanted with your Project. My professional rates are reasonable, depending on the size of the project, and the scope of the work, but I normally take payment on PayPal, and block out prepayment, for lesser amounts of time, or discuss, working on larger projects on contract basis. Pls, reach out to me, so, that we can discuss things further?

Douglas Burgmann
      Chief Architect Designer III
      Accurate Asbuilts & Design
      Email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      cell:     (970)987-4476 msg
      Web:   http://www.dcbcaddesigns.com
      FB: dcb1234

• By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By ProtegeeKristina
      We are a design firm located in Denver, CO offering online design and construction blueprint services nationwide. With all of the COVID-19 closures, We are offering online design and blueprint services in the United States. We have experience in Colorado, California, Illinois, Washington, Utah, Arizona, Texas to name a few! We can also turn your hand drawings and designs into digitized plan sets for your local building department submittal. If you are looking for plans or design for a residential remodel, ADU, or addition feel free to reach out to us! Trade@protegeedesign.com

Feel free to check us out on Houzz - https://www.houzz.com/professionals/building-designers-and-drafters/protegee-design-company-pfvwus-pf~347140441

Stay Safe!