Sign in to follow this  
hamedDesighn

How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimentions

How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .

i would be thankful if somebody help .

Screenshot (49).png

I see people asking for this, but I don't really understand the question. If your walls are moving, you are doing something to move them. 

Which wall are you trying to move?

I can honestly say I have never had this issue, and I have been using Chief for 15 years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joey_martin said:

I see people asking for this, but I don't really understand the question. If your walls are moving, you are doing something to move them. 

Which wall are you trying to move?

I can honestly say I have never had this issue, and I have been using Chief for 15 years. 

That's because you're only using chief :lol:

so lets say , um , we just want a wall dimension to be locked , this is very simple , because in a very complex REAL WORLD map , we don't have square walls we have off angle walls we have stuff that controlling them is a little bit hard , and suddenly when an important wall dimension changes anything become destructed it could be better if it was able to do that , like other software , like solidWorks constraint dimension system ;)

• Downvote 1

You're right, I only use Chief. The way Solidworks or any other Autocrap do it is of no bearing to this software. If you want to adjust the angled wall(s), stop selecting the angled wall(s) and select the adjacent wall(s) moving around your plan counter-clockwise and when you get back to the beginning, everything will be as you want it.

• Upvote 1

One thing you could do which will help if you accidentally do not follow Joey's instruction on wall moving.  Draw a polyline that follows the proper outline of the walls and make it a bright color. If your walls move you'll see and be able to snap it back to the polyline.  Needless to say if you do this, you should put the polyline on a special layer.

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefUserJohn4
    Newest Member
    ChiefUserJohn4

• By HannaForestAsh
      When I place a window/door/etc. on a wall and type in the dimensions, sometimes it will move the edge of the wall instead of moving the window along the wall. (ie: if I have a 20' wall with a window on it, I want the length between the corner and the window to be 4'... instead of moving the window over on the wall, it will just extend the edge of the wall out past its original point so it's now 24'). Please help!! I'm not sure how to look up this issue so if there's a video on it already please direct me there!
    • By TeamVilla
      Are there cloud services that work together with a software like autocad? I'm searching for a service where I can subscribe to store data (projects) in autocad (or similar), so other professionals can work on the same project via the cloud and the employer can see the progress.
    • By ChiefSmi
      Hello, 
      My name is Jared Smith, I just started studying “Product development and Innovation” at SDU in Odense, Denmark.
      Me and my group has been assigned a semester project, which consists of us redesigning an Architects lamp. 
      We’ve been handed a lamp and it is our task to come up with a new design and new features to add to the lamp.
      For us to understand the market we’re reaching out to several architects around the world, to get a picture of, what opinions and ideas are required to create a good working space. 
      My question for you now is, what requirement does a lamp have to fulfil to optimize working on projects? Which lighting is good and does the design matter? We appreciate any ideas, suggestions and/or opinions.
      We hope you could find time, to help and we’re looking forward to hearing from you. 
      Kind regards, Jared Smith 
    • By RonMur
      I've done a floor plan in HD Pro for a home we'd like to build, and I'm looking for a designer that can take the plan and further develop it (site plan, sections, elevations, details, etc.) for permit process and ultimately for construction.   
    • By stevenyhof
      I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"
      Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".
      See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.
      Any thoughts?

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan