How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimentions

hamedDesighn

I see people asking for this, but I don't really understand the question. If your walls are moving, you are doing something to move them. 

Which wall are you trying to move?

I can honestly say I have never had this issue, and I have been using Chief for 15 years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joey_martin said:

I see people asking for this, but I don't really understand the question. If your walls are moving, you are doing something to move them. 

Which wall are you trying to move?

I can honestly say I have never had this issue, and I have been using Chief for 15 years. 

That's because you're only using chief :lol:

so lets say , um , we just want a wall dimension to be locked , this is very simple , because in a very complex REAL WORLD map , we don't have square walls we have off angle walls we have stuff that controlling them is a little bit hard , and suddenly when an important wall dimension changes anything become destructed it could be better if it was able to do that , like other software , like solidWorks constraint dimension system ;)

• Downvote 1

You're right, I only use Chief. The way Solidworks or any other Autocrap do it is of no bearing to this software. If you want to adjust the angled wall(s), stop selecting the angled wall(s) and select the adjacent wall(s) moving around your plan counter-clockwise and when you get back to the beginning, everything will be as you want it.

• Upvote 1

One thing you could do which will help if you accidentally do not follow Joey's instruction on wall moving.  Draw a polyline that follows the proper outline of the walls and make it a bright color. If your walls move you'll see and be able to snap it back to the polyline.  Needless to say if you do this, you should put the polyline on a special layer.

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Tollie
    Newest Member
    Tollie

• By BenPalmer
      about a year ago, with an X12 updates, thick wall connections (anything over 8" thick) became unstable...especially when 3 walls intersect.

I'm attaching an X12 plan that demonstrates several issues I'm having.  Curious if others see the same behavior.  notes within the plan describing the behaviors

I realize that layered walls will likely fix much of this but I do not like layered walls....they have a whole set of issues that I don't want to get into the pros and cons.  again, this worked fine before, but broke with an X12 update and is still broken in X13 beta.

Appreciate everyone's input.
      wallConnectionProblems.plan
    • By Makerer
      I changed the defaults for the Glass Pony Wall and I would now like to change them back to their original defaults, but I don't recall the original settings. Is there an easy way to do this?
    • By ChiefRosieRue
      I'm a relatively new user and am working my way through the Bachelor View project after the Chic Cottage project disappeared. I'm at video 6, "Creating Rooms and Defining the Ceilings" but I noticed something funky going on with some of my walls from the foundation/basement showing up on the first floor. I'm sure part of the issue is that some of my wall heights/foundation/stem walls are off, but the videos don't show what my defaults should be set to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you! 

• By DMoore56
      Looking for freelance drafter to create presentation drawings and do permit plans.
    • By Jackstacey
      I'm having issues getting two joining external walls to have different materials and meet on the external corner ( pebble dash and brick) . I've checked my intersections and their mitered correctly and if i select ' through end/start' in structural for the wall it just shifts the issue to the adjoining wall. Please help?