GeneDavis

Windows 10 users: How do you always hide the taskbar when in Chief?

Recommended Posts

I can get it to go away but it comes back, and when on screen at my preferred location (across bottom), won't let me do dialog work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gene,

Can't you just resize the Chief Window so that it's above the Taskbar?  If you set Chief to "Full Screen" it shouldn't cover the Taskbar and the Taskbar shouldn't cover any part of Chief.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to both of you.  I restarted Windows, and the problem seems to have gone away.  I opened Chief, and to be safe, dragged its bottom edge up out of rage of the Windows taskbar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Thanks to both of you.  I restarted Windows, and the problem seems to have gone away.  I opened Chief, and to be safe, dragged its bottom edge up out of rage of the Windows taskbar.

Gene,

Chief set to "Full Screen" - the little rectangle at the upper corner - should fill all space except the "Taskbar".  If you have the little "double rectangle" showing then Chief is resizeable and could accidently interfere with the Taskbar.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same Problem intermittently  and end up dragging it above the Taskbar too , then try again at a later time , not sure if all these Win10 Updates resets something or not , or what else may cause it ...seems worse with X10 though...but again win10 has progressed too so......

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a 32" as my primary and have never felt the need to hide it.  I'd actually much rather it be visible because I am always switching windows, and opening a lot of pinned programs.  There are many more benefits to a larger monitor.

 

There is also a setting to lock the taskbar location, so you don't end up grabbing it unintentionally and dragging it around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KervinHomeDesign said:

I use a 32" as my primary and have never felt the need to hide it.  I'd actually much rather it be visible because I am always switching windows, and opening a lot of pinned programs.  There are many more benefits to a larger monitor.

 

 

 

I also pin my programs to the taskbar.  That way you can right click on them and, with many programs, see a list of 12 recent files and pick the one

to open with.

 

This works with MS Word, Excel, and Notepad,Adobe Reader, and Paintshop as well as CA.

 

This is a real time saver for me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JJohnson said:

 

I also pin my programs to the taskbar.  That way you can right click on them and, with many programs, see a list of 12 recent files and pick the one

to open with.

 

This works with MS Word, Excel, and Notepad,Adobe Reader, and Paintshop as well as CA.

 

This is a real time saver for me.

 

 

I never knew that feature.  I'll be using it a lot now, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 9:28 AM, KervinHomeDesign said:

I never knew that feature.  I'll be using it a lot now, thanks.

You're welcome.  I think I learned that tip from Perry here on the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another screen sizing trick for folks who use keyboard more than mouse (I'm from command line AutoCad).  This is valid in Windows 7, I would assume it translates in Windows 10.

 

Hold the Windows Key and press arrow up for maximizing screen where it is currently located.  Right/Left will shift to half-screen or the next monitor in multi setup.  Down will return to original size, then minimize on second press.

 

I find this easier/more intuitive than the drag and hold/snaps from the mouse, especially on laptops.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the screens being so wide these days I prefer to have the task bar on the right side of my screen. I have really gotten used to it and it works nicely! Also it does not obstruct Chief when I'm in full view as attached picture.

Capture2.thumb.PNG.a177de0022173786ae121cbadc0fdd20.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28314
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    06PeterMorris62
    Newest Member
    06PeterMorris62
    Joined