ACADuser

Draw Order?

I have a cabinet & chairs with counter top that overhang the chairs but can't get the chairs to show under the counter.

The Move to front tool does not work & the objects do not have a group selection option that I can see.

I constantly fight this 'feature' and have just learned to ignore it. Sometimes the counter top will move to the front, sometimes not. PIA for sure.

Here's a plan

conuter top 1.plan

I have actually written to my Senator with this complaint.

Most of the time I make a fake surface to hide the stool or chair. Polyline with fill.

Larry,

Select counter top

open and select line style

front group

move to front

ok

Shane,

There is so much wrong with those symbols.  The CAD Blocks and underlying objects are on the wrong layers for example. I don't know who made them but the CAD Block is on the "Roof Layer"  which makes no sense.

post-47-0-73752600-1436303418_thumb.png

Larry,

Select counter top

open and select line style

front group

move to front

ok

See - I told you it was easy. :lol:

I think this is one of those things I forget to remember...zzzz

I select counter top, select fill style, (default is solid) and I increase the transparency to the effect you want to see the chair under it and the chair under the countertop area will be displayed slightly shaded indicating being bellow the counter.

I hope it helps 

I select counter top, select fill style, (default is solid) and I increase the transparency to the effect you want to see the chair under it and the chair under the countertop area will be displayed slightly shaded indicating being bellow the counter.

I hope it helps 

it does...

Riddle me this? Those are tables.

No telling, but it probably has to do with Layers (CAD Blocks and the underlying lines, fill, etc.)

My problem with the tables is that I can not choose a draw order on those symbols. It is also random. I will bring in a chair and table and all is well. Then I copy the chair and it is no longer below the table.

I think it has something to do with the order that they are placed into the plan.

Place all the chairs in the plan and then place the table last. 

Move chairs under table. Should work.

Jon

Symbols/tables will hide stools, countertops will not unless they are custom countertops.

That's simple and very useful advice, TY Mr. Hall.

I group select them and make a block. The chair then magically goes under the deck/table. When you unblock them, if needed, the chair should stay under the desk/table.

plan attached

see kitchen

On another plan I inserted a grouped dining room & when I unblocked it the table settings went under the table.

Edgewood.plan