Monitor Color Issues

brushpark

I am starting on a new project and wanted the exterior wall color to be Benjamin Moore HC-81 Manchester TAN.  The color I see on the screen is more gray than tan.  Is this the fault of the graphic driver?  Not sure how to fix this issue.  I am using Chief X6, soon to be X7 with Nvidia Geforce GT650m & intel HD Graphics 4000.  Everything else looks great even my pictures, so I was wondering if this is something in the Chief Software or a setting I may need to change.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

post-404-0-83776300-1428684926_thumb.jpg

you can try to get it close but it will NEVER be "exact"

there is software to calibrate monitors and printers

but even then color matching depends on the light and materials used on the wall etc

best to advise the clients that what  they see is an approximation

and to buy small cans and do test patches and review them over the course of the day etc

Lew

That is what devices like this are for:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055MBQOW/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_0842_e789aaa4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=0R0PTGWM8EV4XBGWWYS5&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=2072380842

Usually used by professional graphic designers, photogs.

You cant just set your monitor once.....they calibrate them and then monitor ambient light and adjust depending on viewing conditions at the monitor throughout the day.

I have attached the ray trace view and it still is way off to the Benjamin Moore color.

And check Chief's RGB numbers against Beni-Moore's on their website....though I have never gotten their Cloud White to look like it does in real life even on my colour corrected monitor.

M.