Offset Deck Beam in Auto Deck Frame?

HumbleChief

Simple deck. The 'deck beam' (and posts) locates itself at approx. 12" from the outside edge of deck. I would like the deck beam and support posts to be flush with the outside edge of deck. Is there a setting for same? Simple to move it of course but that turns off auto framing. Simple again to set up manually but was wondering if there's an 'offset deck beam' or posts from 'edge' similar to the post offset from 'end' setting somewhere?

Thanks

deck beam.plan

Nope. You are SOL on that one. There are offsets for the posts, but no offsets for the beam, or an option for a flush beam.

I never use Chief's deck framing because almost every deck I draw uses a flush beam because they are all covered decks and the roof beam and posts need to be at the outside corners.

3 hours ago, Greg_NY61 said:

It could be in Canada, in US maximum allowable overhang cannot exceed 1/4 of the actual main joist span.

I'm saying CA is enforcing a min 12" (you cannot have a smaller cantilever through configuration)

This CA harcoded limitation comes into play when I have a 3' or 3'6 landing/deck. CA puts the beam at 2/2'6 feet from the house, when in reality  the cant should be less than 12" in order to observe the rule. in other words, CA is not observing the rule.

And course, the other issue is it does not allow flush beams to be configured, in order to pick up columns

56 minutes ago, MoeGia said:

I set my deck beam to be 1/8" x 1/8".  The posts build to the almost correct height.  I then move them into the correct location. It solves half of the problem.

Try playing with setting your posts using the post tool to see if they set to right height so you don't have to do it this way...