Second Floor square footage label

2 hours ago, designgirl79 said:

Does anyone know how to add the square footage label so chief will calculate the 1 floor and 2nd floor sq ft.

It should do that automatically, but if you deleted or lost it somehow it can be restored by running plan check providing it is still turned on in General Plan Defaults.

• Like 1
On 3/18/2021 at 6:38 PM, Chopsaw said:

It should do that automatically, but if you deleted or lost it somehow it can be restored by running plan check providing it is still turned on in General Plan Defaults.

when i discovered plan check it really saved me alot of time on things.

• 1 month later...

How do you make this populate TOGETHER in a schedule? See the example. Its VERY odd that this is not a FEATURE and you have to purchase this ability from another user. This is a VERY common accumulation of data in ANY set of building plans. Without RUBY programing experinece this all has to be done manually, just makes no sense IMO. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.21.55 AM.png

Jim:

I agree ...

almost 15 years ago I suggested that Chief create a schedule with all that info and more

there are numerous "official" methods of calculating "living space" depending on the industry needing the info

the schedule could include the most common ones

then the user could chose the needed data - easy peasy

so far - crickets

time and again a new user has to ask how to restore the missing "living area"

and has to be informed about "plan check" - which is totally non-intuitive and non-user friendly

even experienced users forget about that "secret Handshake" if they haven't used it for awhile

using Ruby should be for "power" users - not for basic "standard" info

Lew

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1