I wonder if trusses will ever be fixed?

dshall

Scott, YOU ARE THE MAN!!! ): I think real trusses are designed by State Licensed Structural Engineers and not by Drafters, Architects, Builders, Designers or developers and not by 3D Architectural software programs. Otherwise, I feel your pain, it often boils down to elbow grease and intention.

DJP

Are your trusses not prefabricated?

I can’t imagine site-built trusses having any kind of savings in time or money. 

If they are prefab then why do you need to draw the trusses?  I mean, what carpenter is looking at your truss plan instead of the plans that are provided by the truss mfr. 

Just curious, not trying to be facetious. 

59 minutes ago, glennw said:

Sott,

Is that the same building you had the same truss problems with, about a year ago?

Did we sort it out or is it a new problem?

It looks like the same situation I had with an X7 plan file. (Not a year ago)  The trusses get all confused when there is an irregular exterior room situation.  Just reading back through my support ticket now but would love to see the plan file Scott.

If I recall correctly another roof plane below the main roof can also cause major issues still.

5 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I think the reason Scott needs the trusses shown is for sections and structural plans to be somewhat accurate.  If he didn't show something ,he would catch hell from the plan checkers. 

Absolutely,  

• Upvote 1