Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

Thanks Michael.  Floor Material Regions is how the "painting" is accomplished.  The base floor is the dark wood texture painted red, then the dark wood border and center are "inlaid" using FMRs, then last, the diamond pattern is laid out in CAD and converted to a FMR with a 1/32nd inch height offset.  Giving the base texture an exaggerated bump map helps convey the "paint" effect.

jon

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working on a way to do renderings that look more traditional even though they come from Chief....  Getting there but thought I would see what people thought.

Typical good stuff from JPC,  however,  I take away a few  points because you did not do it all in CA.

If it is not done completely in CA your final score will reflect a few penalty points.

I just don't like using outside programs, but then again perfect renders are not that important to me or my clients, they love the crappy ones and just don't know they could have better but I'd have to charge them more.

Don't show goodies in this thread if you think they are crappy.

I think some of us describe renderings as "crappy" if the rendering was rendered  entirely within CA and if they took less than 3 minutes to create.  I think it is valuable to be able to compare different renderings  so we can compare if it is worth the time to create a "perfect" rendering.

Jintu,  is it okay if we post "crappy" renderings on this site or should we post them elsewhere?

I just don't like using outside programs, but then again perfect renders are not that important to me or my clients, they love the crappy ones and just don't know they could have better but I'd have to charge them more.

I completely agree with you.  I do not have the time nor do my clients want to pay extra money for "perfect" renderings.  In the past I would spend a lot of time creating the "perfect" ray trace renderings.....  lots of time and lots of money.  I now provide "crappy" renderings for my clients and they love them.

I spend 4 seconds per rendering,  I prepare as many as 25 renderings for my clients and they love them.  

I appreciate any tips on how to accomplish this.  So please,  post your "crappy" renderings on this site.....  but only if it is okay with Jintu.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1