Time for a new mouse

woodwizard

I am in the market for a new mouse. Can anyone recommend a good mouse that works well with chief or that they have had success with. I have been looking at pro models as well as gaming models. Thank you in advance!

Anthony Costanzo CR, CLC

I have a laptop and a desktop, I used a Logitech trackball several versions ago, when it broke around Version 0.5 I bought two new Logitech mice, one wired for my desktop and one wireless for my laptop. Both are not "top of the line" mice but have been solid and reliable from then to now (Version X10). Logitech has always worked for me and did not cost an arm and a leg.

DJP

2 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I use a Logitech mx master, works great and you can hookup via usb or Bluetooth wirelessly. It is a bit pricy (100) though.

I use the Logitech MX2 as a secondary Mouse and like it ...  but I prefer a Trackball and use a really old Logitech T-RB22.... They just released a New one about 6 mths ago called the Ergo I think but it is a Thumb Trackball , and I prefer a Fingerball like the Kensington's or Elcom Trackballs.

Some like the Space Navigator Combo buy 3DConnexions....

I choose mice based mainly on the right size for my grip style and hand size.  Then I just choose whatever good quality and reasonably high dpi mouse I can find (being left handed reduces my choice a little)

However I am a fan of the 3DConnexions SpaceMouse as a mouse for the other hand. This way I can pan and zoom more easily in 2D and 3D and also when some modal dialogs are showing and I need to move the underlying plan/3D view about to determine settings for the dialog, but perhaps that is more an issue of how I use Chief being a part time user.

I use this one and love it:

https://www.amazon.com/UtechSmart-Venus-16400-Precision-Gaming/dp/B00FNKMVUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491417534&sr=8-1&keywords=Utechsmart+Gaming+mouse

it has 16 programable buttons total, 5 different button profiles, and adjustable DPI. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it saves me so much time now that I'm used to it. Pretty cheap for what it is too. Personally, I have had way too many issues with cordless over the years to use one now, but to each their own.

I spent $100 on a Mionix and in every possible way i am disappointed with it.  Not only that, I ordered it directly from the company in EU - buying a mouse pad from them as well - and initially they only shipped me the mouse pad....but in their system it showed they shipped both.  It took over a month for them to figure out they were wrong and ship me the actual mouse.  Once i got it, a whole new set of disappointments ensued.

Point is - stay away from Mionix in my opinion.  Tons of hype that isn't backed by actual product.

2 hours ago, Electromen said:

I've been using a Wacom Tablet and Pen for about eight years.

Thanks for the Reminder Greg, to my Surprise my old CTE-450 (Bamboo Fun) works in Win10 after all (Driver 5.3.3.3) after Wacom Told me there were no Win10 Drivers for it.

2 hours ago, johnny said:

I spent $100 on a Mionix and in every possible way i am disappointed with it.  Not only that, I ordered it directly from the company in EU - buying a mouse pad from them as well - and initially they only shipped me the mouse pad....but in their system it showed they shipped both.  It took over a month for them to figure out they were wrong and ship me the actual mouse.  Once i got it, a whole new set of disappointments ensued.

Point is - stay away from Mionix in my opinion.  Tons of hype that isn't backed by actual product.

I actually got their large Mouse Pad (Sargas) from the Microsoft Store , its huge , and I actually like it , can't comment on their Mice though.

M.

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I actually got their large Mouse Pad (Sargas) from the Microsoft Store , its huge , and I actually like it , can't comment on their Mice though.

M.

Actually the mouse pad is the only bright spot of the purchase.