Wandering Library, Project Browser And Tool Palette

norryboy

Does any one else have a problem with "wandering" Library, Project Browser and/or Tool Palette?

Here my situation. I am fortunate enough to have three monitors. On the center monitor is Chief. On the left monitor I have CAD and on the right monitor is my Chief library and project browser. Plus excel, outlook, etc.

When I close Chief and relaunch the program. The Library, Tool Palette and Project Browse have all moved. It is never very much, but after three or for launches they are almost to the top of the screen. they always move vertically. Never left or right. just wondering if the multiple monitors might be causing this?

Dru

I have three monitors too and all those checked and it still wanders exactly as you describe, Dru. It's been like this for a long time.  I have sent in bug reports about it.   And the top border sometimes wanders up outside the screen view and you can't easily grab and move it back.  Gets pretty old.

And the top border sometimes wanders up outside the screen view and you can't easily grab and move it back.  Gets pretty old.

Yup, I can confirm this behaviour, but I have only noticed it recently - maybe since the last update?

The top of the LB moves up above the top of the screen.

I can't grab it by the title bar to drag it back down, but if I grab the bottom of the dbx and resize it downwards, the top of the dbx moves back down onto the screen. 

It may have happened before, but I can't remember it happening. 

I'm havimg the same library issue.

Another related problem is my main screen never opens to the correct screen size. It's larger than the desktop area so the status bar is below the Windows task bar. I have to maximize CA each time.

Both problems appeared after the last update.

It's always been a problem for me ever since going the three monitors probably about three years ago now.  I do believe the latest update made it worse.  Before, it would only happen every 3rd or 4th time I opened Chief.  Now it's very predictable.