DRAWZILLA

Members
  • Posts

    8698
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DRAWZILLA

  1. Picky clients, I know you can change the amount of sections in the arch to look smoother, you may have to convert the arch to a polyline to do it. My clients just aren't that picky so I just don't do it. more info here https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00565/creating-a-custom-arch.html
  2. I personally use the slab footing tool to manually put a footing all around the porch so I can control the footing size and just use a small scoop footing against the stem wall. We have asked Chief to fix this for many versions now--but never done. To get rid of the line just copy your slab footing wall, and delete the interior footing line or change it to a blank line.
  3. for a slab that butts up against a stem wall, add a mono footing that butts up against the stem wall or use the slab tool with footing
  4. Make sure you export to the the correct version of Auto*** that they are using.
  5. I try to make my fills on the dark side to show properly, light colors will not print well. try to experiment a little to get what you want. I print everything in color and there is a setting in preferences " Color off is grayscale" try that one.
  6. change it to steel-round in the post defaults/ framing, before putting it in the plan.
  7. Are you sure its not a marker, if so you have to move the marker.
  8. I'm pretty sure Chief has some in the lib. Use a post or a post with footing, then change it to a round steel post and use a detail for what you need
  9. In sections, Chief will sometimes use markers to dimension with, why and when I don't know.
  10. open those views and close again, I think it's an old bug that they fixed.
  11. Yes, to transfer info from one layout to another especially from an old version to the latest. and Template info.
  12. YES, I DO IT ALL THE TIME HOLDING DOWN THE CONTROL KEY ON WINDOWS
  13. Right now I'm working on a 3600 s.f. tract house in Irvine Calif., 1.5 million new , and it's still being built by the builder ,and the owner want's major changes. 5' sideyards ,20' front yard, and 20' rear yard. Crazy world we live in.
  14. vector works seems like a lot of work to me, to much trouble. Chief does it much faster, maybe not as detailed though.
  15. I'm not having any of those problems (Shadows) or anything else using Adobe DC
  16. Is that a urinal in that open space, for all to see ?
  17. Beware using "save as PDF" in Chief will generate very large files as compared to Adobe. Some of my pdf's are 20 to 30mb using Chief, and 10 to 15mb using Adobe.
  18. David I will e-mail you a plan with the schedule in it.
  19. I use the plant schedule notes on every plan I do, once it's set up on my template--done. Story pole dims, also set up correctly and done.
  20. Your video card is a bit outdated, I would slip a 900 series in there.
  21. X8 is intended to be that way, it helps with speed of the program. When you print, it will print at the correct resolution.
  22. You can also just go down to the foundation level and change the ceiling height. to whatever you want
  23. You can also just drag a wall over the top of the wall you don't want to re-connect them as one wall.