Revision cloud around callout crashes

BenPalmer

Thanks for the feedback.  I opened up the original Chief profile plan and tried it in there and it works fine with no problems.  So some conflict with my settings.  I'll send it in and see what they come up with.

Thanks again.

I think I started over in X7, I don't recall, but probably.  So brought forward from X7.  I hate that they 'recommend' that we start over each time, takes a ton of time to redo it.  Should be an immigration tool that brings everything forward.

I think I started over in X7, I don't recall, but probably.  So brought forward from X7.  I hate that they 'recommend' that we start over each time, takes a ton of time to redo it.  Should be an immigration tool that brings everything forward.

Ben if they call it an immigration tool, Trump will want to build a wall in Chief :D

Ben, X8 had some major layout revisions because of the live views

Even though I don't use live elevations, I'm sure you are right and it has something to do with my profile plan.  I'll send it in when I get a chance and hopefully they can fix something on there end so I don't have to redo the template.  No other problems, just that, so it doesn't hold me back.  I'll just use some near by object to create the cloud and adjust.

Thanks

I'm sure you are right and it has something to do with my profile plan.  I'll send it in when I get a chance and hopefully they can fix something on there end so I don't have to redo the template.  No other problems, just that, so it doesn't hold me back.  

As far as I can tell, no one has reported this bug to us yet.  It sounds very much like it is something unique in your plan since no one else has been able to reproduce it.  When these types of problems don't get reported, then it is much less likely they will get fixed.  Please report these kinds of problems directly to tech support instead of just discussing them on this forum.  Be sure to also include your template plan along with clear step-by-step instructions for how you get the crash.  Instructions for how to contact support are here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/#contact

I'll just use some near by object to create the cloud and adjust.

Why not just draw the revision cloud instead?  There are two ways to create a revision cloud.  One way is to select one or more objects and use the edit tool to automatically form a cloud around them.  The other way is to just draw a revision cloud similar to how you would draw a normal polyline.  It seems to me that creating a cloud around a different object, moving it, and then resizing it would be the harder way.

Will get it reported when I get a moment.  I'm sure it is something funny I have in my template.

Thanks for the reminder on the other tools.  I use those as well.  In this particular case the callout is at a footing, so it is a couple drags to adjust.  Probably same speed as drawing new.  However, the advantage of drawing it as you suggest, is that it will be on the layer I want.  Which brings up a sticking point for me that the revision cloud should automatically assume the layer that it is devised from.  I've created a list of things like this, just been too busy to sharpen the saw and report them.  I know, won't get fixed unless I do.  Stretched to thin right now.  :o

Appreciate the added input to help me run Chief as efficiently as possible.