I am sick and tired of of trying to guess if it is a my problem or CA's problem....

dshall

So, they restarted the meeting and I went back in. Learned a few things. I think this informal approach works well IMHO. I think we should do these more often. I think CA should have some join in just to hear our complaints and see what needs to be adjusted to work better. 

So, they restarted the meeting and I went back in. Learned a few things. I think this informal approach works well IMHO. I think we should do these more often. I think CA should have some join in just to hear our complaints and see what needs to be adjusted to work better. 

My people are talking to Glenn's people about setting up a follow up today at the same time.  Glenn is currently holding out for more money,  but I am sure we can work something out,  so stay tuned.

post-1663-0-17464300-1465493641_thumb.jpgpost-1663-0-87140200-1465493651_thumb.jpg

Scott, I may have figured out how you can do your retaining wall with a glass rail on top.  The picture is a narrow ramp with the base set at 60" thick.  Open the dbx and turn off handrails.  Then place a panel rail above the ramp and set it to "follow stairs".  I'm showing one that is level (no slope) and another one that slopes and is curved.  Set all the materials of the ramp to your desired retaining wall.  It is concrete in my example.  One last thing - there is a bug.  If you change the slope of the ramp, the slope of the panel does not automatically update.  You have to click on the panel, open DBX then close it again and it will update.  I also show a couple of other things we talked about.  The closet that does not go to ceiling was done by making the telling it to have no ceiling, make attic walls of closet invisible, place p-solid cap.  The solid rails at the opening to the floor below was done with rail walls set to solid.  If I remember right, you had done it with a normal wall and changed it to a rail wall.  It's just a couple of steps faster.

Awesome job and great thinking on the retaining walls, they look great. The closet ceiling just needs 1 layer added above the framing within the DBX, no need for p-solid if it is done correctly.  See post from yesterday https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/9788-wall-height-of-closet-in-room-that-has-a-cathedral-ceiling/page-2

We just need to help Scott get rid of his second floor and all will be good.

I ain't the sharpest pencil in the box,  I just figured out that I have not heard from Glenn because it is 5:00 am in the morning in OZ.  He has been sleeping the past 6 hours.

We can address the last few posts at the meeting (if it happens).

Hey guys, I have not heard from Glenn,  maybe we can do it tomorrow if I hear from him.  I need to go to the gym now to work off some of my fat.

I will keep you posted.  There was some pretty good stuff in the beginning of the meeting that was not resolved and maybe with Glenn's help we can get it done.

Hey guys,  I just sent out invites for the 4:00 Minion Meeting.  If you did not get an invite,  email me at dscotthall@mac.com.

I want to start at 4:00 pm pst sharp because I have been invited to the birthday party of a  2 year old birthday that starts  at 6:00 pm and I would hate to miss that.

IF YIU WANT TO JOIN

1.  Please join my meeting.

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (773) 945-1033
Access Code: 952-236-261
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 952-236-261

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy®

I am sick and tired of of  trying to guess if it is a my problem or CA's  problem....

just venting....  I am  getting very tired of this crap....  I  wish there was come consistency...  it is not only  one issue,  it is issue after issue....  I am just tired of this crap.

Oh Man welcome to the club, what took you so long?