Chief X8 Sneak Preview

HumbleChief

Thanks for sharing Larry! We are excited to start sharing some of the new X8 features. Let us know what you think, and make sure your SSA is up to date so you receive the Free upgrade to X8 when it is released in Q1 of 2016.

ARE YOU KIDDING? X8 is FLAWED! Do NOT UPGRADE!! We updated and it crashed every few minutes. After 8 entire days of talking to Chief who will not admit that it is a problem on their end and I'm not one step forward and thousands of $$$$$ behind! No customer service and no technical support. Absolutely terrible!

ARE YOU KIDDING? X8 is FLAWED! Do NOT UPGRADE!! We updated and it crashed every few minutes. After 8 entire days of talking to Chief who will not admit that it is a problem on their end and I'm not one step forward and thousands of $$$$$ behind! No customer service and no technical support. Absolutely terrible!

Let me get this straight, you spent eight entire days talking to the folks at Chief and yet you claim they have no customer service or technical support? I can tell you for an absolute fact that you are dead wrong. And chances are if chief is claiming it's not a problem on their end that it's not. It's probably an issue with your system. I'm sorry you are having problems, but just because you haven't found an answer doesn't mean it's Chiefs fault. What exactly did they tell you? And can you describe your computer system?

There are a ton of us who have upgraded to X8 and have no problems. That being said, I have personally experienced a few very unusual issues connected to windows 10 updates not playing well with a couple different drivers and a couple different programs... All different, and all on different computers. One of the issues required uninstalling my antivirus software and reinstalling it. Another issue required changing one of the drivers to an older version, and one of the issues was fixed by running a full restore.

x8 rocks.  There is a crash issue i've had very occasionally but i happen to know its related to video drivers.  I know this since it was only after I updated video drivers did the issue become present.

Just because Chief may crash doesn't mean it has anything to do with Chief.  This happens with all programs, and 1/2 the time its related to other issues.

This is without doubt the best version I've used and ready for the big league. Sure I've had a weird thing happening or two but I'm also pretty sure nvidia drivers are playing tricks. You should see how something like 3ds Max behaves on a bad day.

Speaking of sneak previews, I was at the JLC Live show yesterday and Scott Harris showed me the new 3D interactive file that we will soon be able to email to customers so they can view their own projects from every angle; rotate, zoom in and out, view exteriors and interiors, etc. all on their own computers/iPad.

It was VERY VERY COOL to see how it works and it is going to be an amazing selling tool.

I guess they're aiming for launch sometime later this year.

Speaking of sneak previews, I was at the JLC Live show yesterday and Scott Harris showed me the new 3D interactive file that we will soon be able to email to customers so they can view their own projects from every angle; rotate, zoom in and out, view exteriors and interiors, etc. all on their own computers/iPad.

It was VERY VERY COOL to see how it works and it is going to be an amazing selling tool.

I guess they're aiming for launch sometime later this year.

Is this to replace the CLIENT VIEWER?  Why would somebody use the 3D interactive viewer vs the CLIENT VIEWER?

Is this to replace the CLIENT VIEWER?  Why would somebody use the 3D interactive viewer vs the CLIENT VIEWER?

Because then you could give your client the ability to see their project in 3D, without sending them the whole Chief file, which is modifiable by them (bad, bad, bad), and which they can send to someone else to use. (bad, bad, bad) If this viewer works as described, its arrival would not be a moment too soon.