Joe_Carrick

X7.3 Bug reported

I just installed X7.3 and found that if I try to open a recent plan by right clicking on the X7 Icon on the Taskbar or Start Menu.  I get an "Assertion Failed" error.  I reported this to Support and they confirmed it on their end.

You can still open recent file from within Chief - but not from the Taskbar or Start Menu icons.  You can open Chief by just left-clicking on those icons.

IAE, CA development is working on it.

Thanks Joe, I haven't checked that yet

I wouldn't wait, That is a minor issue to me and there are other ways to get the recent files, like within the program , it work there, just not on the taskbar.

No bug here, right click open from task bar and start menu works. More info means better product.

No bug here, right click open from task bar and start menu works. More info means better product.

Still get it here.  I downloaded again and the problem is still there.

Right click from task bar good, but a couple times when opening from start menu it asked for administrative permission.

Shane,

Right Click on Taskbar Icon - then click on a recent plan file - "Assertion Failure"

Shane,

Right Click on Taskbar Icon - then click on a recent plan file - "Assertion Failure"

Same here

Been playing, I can open program from taskbar and I can right click to open specific file. I can open CA from folder in "All Programs" but I get the "Assertion Failure" when I use start menu. Joe is right.

post-4392-0-10400600-1435511590_thumb.jpg

post-4392-0-86767500-1435511591_thumb.jpg

post-4392-0-60908500-1435511593_thumb.jpg

Doesn't work for me either

Hey Guys. Everything seems to be working fine for me. I tried to open the program in every way I could think of and everything seems to be working.

Is there any particular thing that anyone would like me to try that you are having problems with?

Start - move cursor to Chief - when window expands to the side showing recent plans click on a plan.<br />That is where we are getting the assertion failure since the latest update.

Start - move cursor to Chief - when window expands to the side showing recent plans click on a plan.<br />That is where we are getting the assertion failure since the latest update.

I'm not having any problems so far.

I think this is the 1st update that didn't kill my pinned icon or recent list there , so that's a plus too ....

M.

I take that above back  :(   closed down last night , and all gone this Morning