Where Is Wendy?

Joe_Carrick

I think Wendy is extremely dedicated to the success of her business.  In the past couple of years (at least), it seems that Wendy participates in the beta forum when a new release comes out, then "gets back to work" and more or less disappears.  You could check out her website and perhaps that would give you an idea what she's up to.

http://www.artformarchitecture.com/

Many years ago Wendy talked me into entering the CAD shootout at one of Chief's users' meeting in Coeur d'Alene.  Each team was given some basic specs to follow for a home design and I think we had 30 minutes to get it done and then everyone in attendance got to look at each team's design on a big screen and vote to see who had the best plan.  As I recall, Wendy was new to using Chief and thought that if we used the space planning feature, we could save some time.  I was fairly new to Chief myself but always drew my plans from scratch using the wall tools.  The bottom line was that neither of us new enough about the space planner to actually save us any time.  If Katy Fernandez (working in as a roving coach to help teams if they got hung up on something) hadn't stopped by and made a suggestion or three, I don't think we would have "completed" our model.  As it was, the model actually wasn't very complete but we did get it dried in with a roof on, windows and doors.  It was a lot of fun none-the-less.  Wendy is a witty lady with a great sense of humor.  It would be nice if she'd stop in now and again and give us some of her wit. 

We've lost (or don't see very often) some of the best ChiefTalk sources of help that one could dream of:

ChiefCanada (Rob Fisher)

Louis and Katy Fernandez

Tim O'Donnell

Don Randall

David Michael

and many others I can't begin to remember at this moment.  I hope they are all doing well.  It is refreshing to see new blood come along and fill the gaps. 

We've lost (or don't see very often) some of the best ChiefTalk sources of help that one could dream of:

ChiefCanada (Rob Fisher)

Louis and Katy Fernandez

Tim O'Donnell

Don Randall

David Michael

and many others I can't begin to remember at this moment.  I hope they are all doing well.  It is refreshing to see new blood come along and fill the gaps. 

I still see Louis pretty often. His office is below Katy's office. Louis has started his own cabinet business (My-Cabinet-Source) selling several different manufacturers cabinets. Katy took over My-Design-Team. Katy and me do all the plan work now. I have always been grateful and lucky to have Louis show me the ropes on how to use Chief when I first started. I haven't heard much about Rob ever since he discontinued being a CA dealer. When Tim was on the forum, I always thought he was one of the best users of the program. He was amazing...putting it mildly.

Wendy is surely missed as she posted some very insightful information as she unlocked the many features of each release.

....Louis and Tim were invaluable assetts to the forum. They both were extremely generous with their time, and their posts were incredibly informative. Glad to hear that Louis is well.

Tim became a part of (or may have even started) the Chief users group on yahoo when X1 first came out. ...like Louis he was one of the most adept Chief users ever....if not the best.

Tim became a part of (or may have even started) the Chief users group on yahoo

Tim "hated" X1 and became active on the Yahoo group

but that group was there when I joined after buying Chief 9.5

and it was there way before that

it was created when CA took a grumpy position on negative postings about Chief

and talk about "other cad"

CA finally changed their attitude and now allows dissent and long as it is respectful

I belonged to the Yahoo group until some complained and started blocking my posts

when I mentioned Chieftalk

funny how things change over time

Lew