Render Issue with lightings

habdou

Could be so many things..  Is there a roof over head (for some reason keeps light from bleeding through)?  Is there a cabinet light, if so might play with the Point or spot settings.  It really is a trial and error.  

Side Note..  going to be a beautiful render once you get the light glow issue fixed..  love the back ground view out of the window too.  

I've created a roof and and unchecked the Use Camera View Settings

also had to uncheck Compute Caustics because it was getting stuck on 92% for hours even two days.

This is what I am getting, still not that good.

R-03.jpg

29 minutes ago, habdou said:

Hi,

DRAWZILLA, The only lights that I have a part from the windows are the two puck lights under the shelve and the two pot lights in the room.

CJSpud, I will try your suggestion.

Thank you

The puck lights are what I'm talking about.

Judging from the light bleed around the door and window trim and Crown moulding I am thinking you haven't completed the 3D Model , eg build the Roof / foundation etc

edit.... I see the 2nd pic now....   looks like the puck light angle is wrong perhaps since I see light rings on the Wall/back of the cabinet , not the shelf... at two different intensities too?     uncheck auto intensity and try a small custom setting like 5%

not sure why the cabinet doors are "glowing"  is the wall behind the Cabinet "built" properly? almost seems like the two potlights are lighting the cabinet? or do you have User placed 3D light too?

M.

you appear to have at least 3 different exterior walls but the pic is too small to see details  and I think you have selected the wall behind the cabinet? so I am seeing a Temp. Dim. line there? not a different wall definition.

Turn on the Show position in Camera view for each light so you can tell where it is pointing, it will show a red cross with a Blue end arrow so you know...

try the Pucks as Spotlights not point light too , the RT will take less Time.. ( one of Graham's Tips)

Do you have your Foundation Built ?  weird things happen in my test plan here when I don't...

You didn't lose some lights inside the cabinet did you while placing the pucks ?  puck usually place with 0" offset from the ceiling..if not dropped on a wall cabinet.

Graham (KitchenAdobe) is one of the Resident RT experts :) ... post your plan and I am sure he will figure it out.... 

I see light bleed around the Cabinet Door Panels , which I don't think is a Sun problem as the Sun angle appears to have changed between the Pics.... ( light coming in windows)

PS Nice cabinet BTW....

All good advice.

May I add. Sometimes tweaking the material property or changing color into a material like a white jpeg texture (I tend to use lighter creamy material) will solve the problem.

Let me explain about the lights: Point lights are "Omni lights" (like the sun), they use soft shadows, longer to ray trace. you can turn soft shadow off to counter the long hours.

Spotlights do not have soft shadows thus speedier to ray trace. New users use these to fake scenes making the surroundings brighter than usual. (Even the corners are bright)

The default ray trace settings of Chief is Ideal because it is "unbiased" like Kerkythea or Corona Renderer but we already know the results...Chief can focus on this issue the next time, they are on the right track but seems don't prioritized this aspect.

In the meantime, as a last resort, add lights behind the camera (no shadow) as advised or turn Environment light off.

In any circumstance where there is an issue or unanticipated effect there are always a variety of techniques one can develop as they attempt to counter or eliminate the undesirable effect. I tend to categorize these techniques as either ones that directly address the root cause and those that only address the negative side effects of the deeper issue. If the root cause can be successfully understood and addressed then it's negative effects can be effectively avoided from then on. Techniques that fail to directly address the root cause means that one will be constantly having to address this time and time again.

Light bleed is a good example of an issue that can be fully addressed right from the get go. I will try to provide a more in-depth explanation in the "Let's Ray Trace" thread in the near future.

posting a copy of the .plan file is the best idea.... Graham and Jintu are both great at Raytraces so are your best bet to a fix , but they are having to guess without a copy of your plan as there are just too many variables.

M.

Nice Dennis.  At least you got rid of the "light fuzz" around the crown moulding.  The light in the cabinet on the right appears to be in the wrong location to me (too low).  If those are wood or ??? shelves in the cabinets, I wonder how it would look if they were glass?

Showing up very late to the party here but "enable environment light" in raytrace settings often times produces the light bleed effect which I'm guessing was the culprit as it is not a material setting or a photon issue and is present around areas that typically have shadows...A very common problem with environment light at its default of 1.

Ambient Occlusion with a max intensity of 4 or 5 will eliminate bleed throughs in no time, even with Env light value of 2.

Image below at 2nd pass with almost zero bleed through. This is with env light value of 2. max intensity AO of 5. and sun intensity of 6.

zzz.thumb.jpg.cab1cf812df1c7b4613dfea12f112860.jpg