Please eliminate losing posts...... nuts!!!

dshall

I just spent 10 minutes putting together a post and because I did not hit the POST button soon enough, all that info was lost.  Please guys,  fix this along with not timing us out.

Ain't it funny,  seconds of our life are so important these days that minor inconveniences like this are exasperating.

I can't explain it Joe.  I think others have mentioned this.  Maybe it is our particular computers.  All I know is if I take too long to type my answer and then hit the post key,  it does not get posted.  Everything I typed disappeared into the abyss.  

I can't explain it Joe.  I think others have mentioned this.  Maybe it is our particular computers.  All I know is if I take too long to type my answer and then hit the post key,  it does not get posted.  Everything I typed disappeared into the abyss.  

I too have experienced this phenomenon and it's definitely

exasperating when it occurs. It certainly would be nice to

have this problem addressed but there are things you can

do to minimize your losses. First off I always go directly to

the "More Reply Options" window to compose all my posts.

I have on occasion been dumped back at the forum sign in

page when I hit the More Reply Options button after starting

a post in the Quick Reply Window. Then, of course, you can

copy your response to the clipboard before hitting the post

button (never a bad idea if you have a substantial amount

of time invested in composing the post). Finally if all else fails

Chief does Auto-Save the content of your post at periodic

intervals and you can often retrieve all or some portion it if

you navigate back to the original thread and re-open the

reply window. Look for the "View Auto Saved Content" link

located at the bottom left hand corner of the posting window.

$%&*, I am lucky to get on ChiefTalk anymore.  What a PIT royal A.  I normally don't use such refined English but I am finding this new forum and whatever changes that were made under the hood to be very frustrating, VERY user UNFRIENDLY.  I just posted the same in the Suggestions forum.  I have called TS on the problem.  Nothing is changing.  If this keeps up, I will likely not be showing up anymore as it is a total waste of my time just trying to get onto the forum anymore.  The old legacy ChiefTalk worked so much better IMO, I am beginning to wonder why "fix" something that wasn't broken. 

Scott, I have experienced exactly what you are talking about the last time I was able to use ChiefTalk.  Please FIX this stuff or give us the legacy CT back.

Curt:

that has to be very frustrating

I hope CA fixes it ASAP

I'm not having any of those issues

there have been issues with getting logged out after days/weeks for me

and long posts for others

very peculiar how some are affected and others aren't ???

Lew

We are looking into this issue and will see what we can do to resolve it.

As Rich mentioned for now the forum frequently auto saves your post content as you are typing.  If you click the button in the lower left corner of the posting window you will be able tor retrieve your information.

post-3-0-68945800-1401729685_thumb.png

has anyone else seen that autosave option in Brian's Post ? or is it just me who's never seen it?

actually I don't get the rich text options above either everything is grayed out , is that a setting in my profile perhaps?

M.

has anyone else seen that autosave option in Brian's Post ? or is it just me who's never seen it?

actually I don't get the rich text options above either everything is grayed out , is that a setting in my profile perhaps?

M.

Occasionally for a split second something pops up while I am typing that says AUTO SAVED.   I do not see the Brian's "VIEW AUTO SAVE" button.  

As I am typing this,  the last auto save was 2 minutes ago,  whoops,  it auto saved at 2  minutes 0 seconds,  but I still do not see Brian's "VIEW AUTO SAVE" button.  

Last save at 4:55:45 next auto save at .....waiting....... 4:57:45,  yep every two minutes.

BTW,  have not seen the AUTO SAVED button pop up during this post.  That is not a big deal.

M.

Yes, I get the auto save message.

To get the rich text options, try clicking the little square in the top left hand corner of the reply message box toolbar.

The help for this BB says that the type of editor can be configured in your Settings - but I can't find how to do it.

Yes, I get the auto save message.

To get the rich text options, try clicking the little square in the top left hand corner of the reply message box toolbar.

I believe you get the auto save message,   but do you see  "VIEW AUTO SAVE" button?

Maybe the  "VIEW AUTO SAVE" button appears after the post disappears.

OK, I can now see the "View Auto Save Content" thingy.

It is not a button - it is text at the bottom of the reply text input box.

It tells you when the last auto save was.

Click it and a box opens that contains the saved content and asks if you want to restore it.

OK, I can now see the "View Auto Save Content" thingy.

It is not a button - it is text at the bottom of the reply text input box.

It tells you when the last auto save was.

Click it and a box opens that contains the saved content and asks if you want to restore it.

Okay,  let me see.........  yeah,  mine says  "LAST auto saved ......."  Brian's says "VIEW auto saved....."   I assume it is all the same thing.

Ok thanks Glenn , I now have Rich Text Options, and I see there is an option on this toolbar for "special bbcode" too , 3rd one in from left, aint played with it though.

waiting 2 mins for autosave................:)

well it looks like turning on Rich Text also enabled the "Last saved at " on the bottom LH side too , it is now there....