Kbird1

Members
  • Posts

    11514
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kbird1

  1. Just the Gable end overhang Supports....... If you are talking about the backing for "Boxed" Eaves as CA calls them, then yes you have to place them manually or add a few CAD lines in the cross Section View..... it has been this way for as long as I can remember , and I am unsure why they are not auto framed too, never heard any feedback on this issue.
  2. I think he meant for you to seperate the "cup" from the hinge Arm and place the "Arm" and baseplate on the cabinet and the Cup on/in the Door , this is also what Mark suggested above. whether it will look right I don't know, but is likely the only option as the hinge symbol can't bend like in the real world. M.
  3. No Half post at Wall in the Railing Wall DBX should eliminate the two 1/2 posts at the Wall either side. you might want to try the railings as the black railing and place the two Doric Columns manually over the top. M.
  4. Thanks Joe I guess that's what I remember , but didn't realise it was for 1 size only. M.
  5. Don't I remember Joe coming up with a symbol (or ???) to get Soffits to Frame ? @Joe_Carrick
  6. Thanks again for posting your Content Robert, appreciate it. M.
  7. Either you haven't framed the Floor yet or you have Framing.Floor Joists Off in the current camera view , there is no Ceiling structure as you have a Floor above which takes precedence. Joe is correct..... even if you have Flat Ceiling on for the Room , you won't get a ceiling if you do not have a material (drywall?) assigned to the Ceiling Finish (surface)..... M.
  8. Both can be activated and used , I've been doing so since Feb., X11 uses the same activation Code as X10 , X9 and older version still use there own Codes to activate though. X11 is pretty Stable for most , if a tad slower than X10 in everyday use.
  9. Thanks for Posting the Library , will be interesting to have a play with.... M.
  10. Once you have all the folders from your Work PC on your USB Drive, ( and Chief Closed on home PC) you have to copy them to the same location on the Home Desktop PC ie : C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X11\ and when it asks if you want to overwrite existing Files say yes...... Then with Chief Opened again goto >Library >Update Catalogs. M.
  11. Typically NVME SSDs are about 4 times faster (upto 6x) than the Older SATA based SSDs like your 850 Pro Larry ,ie with Read and write speeds for SATA Drives are about eg 550 mb/s vs 2500-3000 mb/s for Samsung's 970 series NVME drives....but after the 1st few days the extra speed seems "normal" and you don't notice it in everyday use.......at least that was my experience a year or two ago when I got my 1st Samsung Evo NVME. However Ed has a spare one he can sell you they have come down ALOT in price in the last 6 months, so they are no longer budget Killers. Several years ago I made two new Folders on my 970 SSD for the CA-Temp Folder and CA-UNDO Folder and Point Chief in Prefs>File Management>Folders to use these new Folders instead of the Default Folders, though that may not help much if CA is Installed on the NVME SSD as Chief Defaults to using the Install Drive for Undo I believe ( can't check as I changed it ages ago and don't remember the Default Folder assigned. The CA Temp folder by default may just used the Windows assigned Temp Folder which maybe on the NVME SSD anyway too if Windows is also installed on it. Mick.
  12. Thanks Robert , appreciate you uploading your symbols to the Forum. Mick.
  13. I agree with Rene , Bloom makes view seem "softer" to me too , so I have unchecked it in all my camera defaults. Also make sure you are using the latest Nvidia Drivers for your Quadro Card. Try Zipping the Plan File to get it under 25 mb which is the Forum limit. M.
  14. As far as I know Lew it has been that way for many versions ( forever?), and a number of people have asked that Temp. Dims are always active regardless of automatic or manual Dims already having been placed but there has been no feedback as far as I am aware as to why this does not seem to be able to be enabled , it's something I'd prefer myself.. Mick.
  15. Sketchup possibly , did you look on 3D Warehouse for one that is already made? this assumes 2020 Pro can import .skp files....? M.
  16. The Labels Issue was a known issue with older versions of the Nvidia Drivers , so I'd start there and make sure you have the latest ...eg I think they are up to version 430.86 now , the problems Drivers where back in the 390.xx series IIRC. M.
  17. foundation/terrain Walls are usually edited in an Elevation camera , it is one of the few times that walls should be edited in this way as they then no longer follow the Wall top and Bottom default Height. ( on the Structure Tab.) which can lead to other issues. Mick
  18. What Lew was saying was, the Chief X8 Viewer will convert the .pl to .plan when you resave the file .....have a look here, taking special notice of the Green highlighted box for the link to the X8 Viewer : https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00279/opening-legacy-files.html
  19. I believe HD Pro 2020 has PBR View (Physically based Rendering) which is what most people use now even in CA Premier , have a look on the Forum here for a Thread called "Lets PBR" which has lots of info and initial settings to put into your defaults etc. ( not sure of HD Pro 2019 has PBR ?) M.
  20. X11 now has a button in Preferences for you to do this Quickly on the General>File Management Tab too.
  21. Or using Custom Back-splashes or the Wall Material Region Tool.(WMR) .....Or a combination of Eric's Wall definition with the Body Tile included and a WMR for the band. I don't use the Wall covering tool much, ( see above) so have not run into this issue myself. M.
  22. Back at Version 9 they may have been Serial Port not USB , but Serial Port to USB adapters are available , I'm just not sure if the Hasp will work with a Converter? Your new computer may have a Serial Port ? Mine does , (also known as a Com Port) , but not all modern computer do , but there are also Serial port add-in cards available which may work. M.
  23. Thanks Mark , guess I missed this last year , thought it was next month at 1st , do you still have the files from the Workshop , so I can follow along? thanks, M.
  24. Chief normally stores all the User Files in the Chief Data Folder which it usually keeps in My Documents, if you are worried about it being on your Server I wouldn't be keeping my Data Folder on OneDrive either. Keep it local and back it up to OneDrive instead. M.
  25. Double check Auto regeneration Of the Deck framing is still on and change the Material to the one you want under the Deck's "floor structure" ( not floor finish.) M,