rgardner

Members
  • Posts

    2922
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rgardner

  1. Just to clarify: With a mac you still have CPU ray tracing just like it has had for every version since it came out. You will not be able to take advantage of the NEW IN X13 Real Time Ray Trace feature at this point although with the new AMD chip for the mbPro MAX chipsets the technology is available but chief has not developed that portion of x13 yet.
  2. I am in the same boat. My Drobo NAS drive died a few months back and although I have everything on icloud I don't have a regular time machine backup setup currently. I need to remedy that for that one time... BTW a good UPS for a desktop computer is pretty essential as it also protects against voltage spikes and brownouts as well as the occasional power outage that was not expected.
  3. If you are on a mac by chance do you have time machine setup? go back to before the power outage and grab one of the autobackups and copy the detail over???
  4. I was thinking the same thing that it was a copied texture and thus using the same texture file, that is using it but the texture files are two totally different files. Didn't spend that long but I couldn't find it either.
  5. THIS^ Draw a 3 sided railing wall using a glass wall tool, use the barn door with a slab glass door type, add hardware from the catalog that Chop shows....
  6. Yes it is a known issue across all platforms as mentioned:
  7. This is an issue with x13 across both platforms. Make sure your mac has the latest x13 update available, it helped on my system. When you switched to your PC you may have downloaded it directly after the update thus the difference. Worth checking!
  8. Just to confirm because you are using a laptop which has TWO GPUs an integrated and a dedicated you have it set to be using the dedicated GPU for chief correct. Because that will happen if you are using the integrated chip. Sometimes the power settings can get tweaked and it makes it use the integrated which is for easy stuff like web browsing, etc.
  9. Check your other post for the roofs and examine this plan.1741573854_LPPSAddition_RG.plan
  10. 1.) Please do not make a pdf to put pictures up. This forces people to download from many times someone they do not know a file to their computer. If you use a .png or jpg file you can post them directly. Try using the screen grab tool in osx. 2.) Lots of issues in your plan that I am guessing is due to you trying to get this to work. But you set the independent roof pitches on the eave wall where the roof plane lands. So once you reset all of your walls to default top and bottom height (Structures panel top option in each wall dbx) to fix the issues set your left wall to a 4:12 pitch, and the right to your 3.067.. pitch. 3.) Turn your auto build roofs back on but pay attention to the settings I am showing. BTW Best practices for schedules is to place them into a CAD Detail page not right on the plan. Although some do place them right on the plan it is not the recommended way per chief.
  11. I use an older Mac and other than not being able to use the new RTRT which is a new feature so something I don't even know what I am missing really. And I 100% agree that the improvements in x13 are 100% worth it. X13 has been an extremely stable release on my machines.
  12. By chance did you manually adjust your wall heights instead of changing the ceiling height in the floor level ceiling height specifications?
  13. That is our beloved ALDO (Active Layer Display Options) box. Keep him open and watch him whenever you click on something, or when you can't click on something, or when you cant see something, or when you don't want to see something...
  14. You can export a list of the "hotkeys" or edit and set your own. Try a search for "HOTKEYS"
  15. Lots of information there but I think maybe some examples of WHAT you are trying to accomplish and what types of symbols etc you need would help get an answer. There is lots of capabilities in the existing schedules (especially the notes schedules.)
  16. Pretty sure you are sending as a live view and it is showing the pixelation of the picture but if you are sending as plot lines then report it as Michael says.
  17. Open the plan file with that saved plan view and make sure they are showing there. Check to make sure those leaders are showing. Most likely they were drawn manually and are on the cad default layer?
  18. Check to make sure these settings are correct: Are the walls set to ballon frame instead of be automatic? (Wall DBX>Structure Panel) They should be set to automatic. Are the walls NOT set to default wall top and bottom heights? (Wall DBX>Structure Panel) They should be selected to default.
  19. Manual roof planes? Sometimes caused when the roof planes are not precisely square or aligned.
  20. I tell you what you handle 1-12 and I will take on the big one on 13. 50-50 split.
  21. The only problem with this setting which should work as well as long as your rooms have definition is under decks the terrain will also be hidden.