-
Posts
2922 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by rgardner
-
@mosaicgroup Becky Sue Becker with Designs by BSB is in Atlanta and covers both architectural as well as kitchen and bath design as a CMKBD designer. I know she is not on here much so if you need a contact let me know.
-
I use one with K&B work all the time that is a 10% transsparency and set to use background material box. I have it saved in my user library and used a place library item button to put it on my K&B toolbar.
-
Just a note in elevations mode if you use the reverse plan mode you should be able to use Ctrl+A or CMD+A and select all items in elevation and use the transform replicate tool to do a reflect about in place. This should reflect everything in place and then you just have to reposition your leaders if you had any.
-
Shower build like Mr Rabbit. I'm not getting it.
rgardner replied to GeneDavis's topic in General Q & A
https://www.rabbittdesign.net/shop/p/shower-and-bath-quick-tools @Renerabbitt has packaged all those tools for you if you don't want to spend many hours setting up each aspect of the shower. Pretty reasonable price as well for all of the tools to build a full decked out shower in about 2 minutes. -
Too many variables to answer that question. Best to include the plan file. Also please post pictures as a png or jpg direct so anyone who wants to take a look does not have to download the pdf to their computer to see it. Most will not do so and you will get more help if you place a quality screen grab of the picture. You can use the Windows snipping tool to take a pic and then just CTRL+V to paste it into your posting. Anyways post a plan and one of us may be able to take a look.
-
Same here. Is your attic walls layer turned on?
-
Maybe this will help? https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00923/understanding-and-adjusting-line-weights.html
-
Best way to show Huberwood Zip System and Advantech Subfloor
rgardner replied to cbucks's topic in General Q & A
Found a picture of a sheet online and used a photo editor to make a scaled continuous material. Then just set the different specifications in the material dbx. https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00767/creating-a-new-material.html check out this article for the basics. -
Awesome you will love your new studio! It's definitely an investment but worth it! I would highly recommend one of the rendering gurus instead of me. I am not a rendering expert as for my business it is not what I offer. I know enough to get by for my workflow and when I need better I hire an expert to do it. @Renerabbitt is one of the best rendering artists and I know that he does offer training. @Chiefer is also an extremely skilled rendering artist. I am not sure if he offers training though?
-
X12 and X13 although will not run natively on Studio like X14 does run very well on it without any notice that it is not running natively. It uses the Rosetta converter to run programs that are not designed to run natively on the ARM technology. But the only difference I can see running x13 on my new vs. old intel based computer is that it is WAY faster as in basically instant instead of in larger files getting the hated beachball. Now that being said your reluctance to upgrade to x13 and now x14 for the perceived rendering issues I am going to state without intention of hurting your feelings is 100% UE. X13 changed to a different rendering engine so you cannot expect the same results with the same settings as x12. It like putting unleaded gasoline in a new diesel engine. You have to put what is best for the new rendering engine. Once you tweak your settings you will not see that difference. I get the same crispness in x13 as I did in x12 but I had to change my default settings to make it better for the new rendering engine. What you are showing above is as good as apples and oranges because you dont have it set correctly. In fact you can see your lighting set is not even the same. All that being said you will gain hours of productivity with the switch to x13 and more with x14. Hope this information helps in your decision.
-
^ I I I
-
When you change it to a light in the symbol creation dbx it changes the Y offset to 1 7/8" so you need to set it to 0 after you set it to be hanging on the wall. Probably something to do with the way you built it or in what position. (The why is beyond me,) but that fixes it. Light for Allan.calibz
-
I went with the 64 core GPU and 64gb of Ram. I only did the 2tb storage but I use icloud for everything so I don't see that being an issue. I also upgraded to dual matching 4k monitors instead of a mix like before. The thing is amazing. Everything is like instant. A couple of times I will see the beach ball in chief but with big files and always are very quick not taking more than 1/2-1 second usually. Thing is super quiet even with large files and pulling PBRs and cpu ray tracing. Little things like the new keyboard with finger id are a nice add-on over my old system which still was running quite well with x14 just a bit slower. I highly recommend the studio but I would always recommend upgrading as much as possible. I didn't go with the 128gb ram as I felt it wasn't going to be worth it for me with my workflow as I am 99% chief for my workflow. Bonus is if I want Apple will still give me $900 for my old system if I don't sell it direct. Could have traded it in but logistics weren't working for me to ship it back within the time frame needed.
-
Was playing with Gimp and built a quick material for another user asking for it on the forum. Setup to be 3/4" T&G AdvanTech Subflooring counted by sheet and show as 1/2 offset. Advantech .75%22 Subflooringcalibz.calibz
-
Best way to show Huberwood Zip System and Advantech Subfloor
rgardner replied to cbucks's topic in General Q & A
Had a minute and thought might as well play with Gimp which I recently downloaded and hadn't tried yet. Here is a 3/4" 4x8 sheet size 1/2 offset Advantech subflooring material. Advantech .75%22 Subflooringcalibz.calibz -
Best way to show Huberwood Zip System and Advantech Subfloor
rgardner replied to cbucks's topic in General Q & A
Just to add to this good advice, you can if you need to for your material takeoff for example copy the OSB material and rename it Advantech 3/4" T&G Subflooring. If you really were specific enough you can actually get a picture and just create it from scratch as well but I don't think I would ever see a need to actually see the advantech logo on a rendering or 3d view. Maybe if you were doing a 3d detail or something I guess. But it is doable. -
Anybody used a QR on a con doc to link to Chief's 3D Viewer?
rgardner replied to GeneDavis's topic in General Q & A
Seems I have seen a hyperlink done directly in chief recently??? -
Try looking for an under counter refrigerator if that is what you are looking for with the bar refrigerator.
-
Sorry if asking a question offended you. What I was trying to get across was that it is a very simple thing to search or even just test quickly in Chief. In fact would have taken a lot less time to search the question or try it in Chief. In answer to your question yes you can dimension to framing members.
-
Yep
-
Have you tried it?
-
Haven’t tried this but seems a thick countertop with edge profile would also work? personally I just modeled something similar and needed to show a border with a different pattern/texture. I made it out of 2 solids very quickly.
-
I stand corrected but I believe you actually only need 3. @glennw taught me years ago that you can do a single radius roof plane for the center part, but you would need as you mention the concave roof planes on each side in this case.
-
Are these new cabinets you are placing? If so, see this: If it is existing cabinets in a plan then you probably used the plan or room painter mode when "painting" materials to an existing item. If this is the case then you can select the Material painter tool, you will get a popup asking what texture you want to apply. In that dbx there is the option to use the library or the plan materials on the left. Select the plan materials list and at the very top of that list is Use Default. Select this and make sure you are in Plan apply mode (It should pop up in the edit toolbar (OOB edit toolbar is at the bottom of the window). Now apply that texture on ANYTHING that is showing that material on it. Moving forward I would recommend that you read this article: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00793/using-the-different-material-painter-modes.html#:~:text=The Material Painter modes help,material to an object component. Hope this helps.
