rgardner

Members
  • Posts

    2922
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rgardner

  1. Just think of it as it is. Basically its a room with interesting "pony-wall", wall, and roof definitions.
  2. Nice touch with the bag! HAHA I wasn't on my computer to try that but figured it would work in standard rendering techniques.
  3. Make the railing wall no room definition/and as a partition wall.
  4. Take a look at the stringers option.
  5. They sure appear as if they are open. Since you have your Chief window floating and not maximized to the windows screen did you try moving the window and looking behind the Chief window? Do you have a second monitor? Did you try reset your side menus in preferences reset? It’s a common issue and that is what happens. If not then it’s time to contact customer tech support. That’s what your ssa is for.
  6. Or you are looking on a mobile device. If so turn it to landscape layout and it will show.
  7. I do quite a few "Daylight" Basements as well. I have tried both techniques and there are benefits to both but I believe it is a little faster and have had less issues with putting the basement on level 0. That being said I have modeled this identical situation lots of times and never seen this happen. With Furred walls In many cases the furred walls are not full walls as they are just to hide the partial concrete wall at the bottom half where part of the wall is in the ground. This is generally the case to use a second wall instead of a single definition wall. However I consistently use a second wall for entire basements with an air gap as the exterior of the wall and mark it as a partition wall and snug up against the basement walls. The perpendicular walls continue through to the foundation wall to give room definition. The different techniques have different issues within 3d but that technique for me has given the least amount of issues.
  8. I have to concur this presents like a bug. I didn't spend much time but after watching Steve's video and seeing what he did I went into the model. @GeneDavis Already has the floor set correctly with the 2" insulation and regardless of setting it to detail as insulation the problem goes away once you have removed it and put it back (closing out the dbx first.) Funny thing is that when I did that for the middle room it cleared it from the room to one side but not the other... I am sure that removing and replacing the insulation would fix that issue on the other side as well but that is something that should be taken to tech support. CAVEAT: I did this in X14 because X13 is behind us...
  9. JUST FYI. When you moved the wall it reset it. 99.99% of the time with this case scenario the paint layer is what was causing the issue.
  10. You can see another layer below your drywall on the interior layer. That is most likely the paint layer and what is causing the issue.
  11. Did you close the program and restart your computer? Always a good start when trying to troubleshoot.
  12. When I went out on my own as a designer I also offered quantity surveys for contractors for both commercial and residential projects. You would be shocked to find out how many sub-contractors these days cannot read a set of plans. Especially with insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, and concrete flatwork subs.
  13. I would restart your computer first but if that doesn't work then contact tech support as @DavidJPotter mentions.
  14. Only if you leave it as a flat ceiling over the room. Either method is quite simple with this setup. Just look for Corbels for the brackets in the library.
  15. Or use the layer eye dropper painter tool to set the layer to the different items you don’t want to see in that view. I will add that you also need to: And saved plan views
  16. Well that's a new one. Why don't you load up the plan file so we can take a look.
  17. Wall will pull from whatever side it is set to. So if you have a vaulted ceiling next to a flat ceiling room it could be incorrect. BTW you can change the name of the "comments" column to whatever you want so you could name it Wall Height. But again I ask the same question as Gene did.
  18. Return the wall farther than 2.5" and place a perpendicular room divider at the wall intersection so it snaps to the joining of those two walls. When you have the "T" built use the room divider to drag it back to the 2.5" you want. Good to place a temp point marker where you want it. If it needs any cleanup use the wall layer intersection tool to clean it up with the siding/sheathing layer, etc. There is possibly a chance it won't work at 2.5" if its a 2x6 wall you might need to do minimum of 2.75"+ as the wall tool joins in the centers.
  19. If you go that route I would recommend you duplicate your dimension defaults setting just for that type of scenario as it can be a Pain in the butt in other cases. Honestly I don't even use auto dimensions as I have my dimension defaults setup where I can run a quick manual dimension line across and set it change my default for the next level of dimensions run the manual dimension and set it, change my default for the third line if necessary and run manual dimension and set it. That way it is almost as quick but no cleanup usually necessary and exactly how I want to see it. But I am super OCD about dimensions and dimension lines and their locations.
  20. Click on the room and create a molding poly-line. Turn off the sections you don’t want to show the molding.
  21. Change your dimension reach or disconnect the deck or remove room definition in some way from the deck.
  22. Cad detail=2d cad work nothing 3d I I \ / \/