Can I export the Chief Blueprint font from CA so it is available in MS Office on a Mac

Mark_Peterson

Go to solution Solved by Greg_B,

...at least that is the case with Windows. Do Macs work the same way?

Yep - it should work the same since fonts are installed in similar ways.  The only difference with Mac is that I think you can install specific fonts for each "user" of that computer.

On Mac systems, these fonts are embedded with the Chief Architect installation but not installed on the system. As such, they are available for use in Chief Architect but not in other programs.

You can copy the font from a PC and install them on a MAC using Font Book.

Not sure if this violates any copyrights -- Check Tech Support.

On Mac systems, these fonts are embedded with the Chief Architect installation but not installed on the system. As such, they are available for use in Chief Architect but not in other programs.

Can you do a search on your local HD and copy the font over under the system folder "font directory"?

That is so odd - i used Mac a few years ago and the process was virtually the same as Windows then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

You need the font from a PC that installed CA for Windows. If you only have the Mac version, it sounds like you don't have it.

Forum won't let me attach that kind of file. If you need it, PM me with your email address and I will email it directly to you.

• 2 years later...

This might not be allowed with the CA License but the following should make the CA fonts available from other programs (at least in High Sierra):

0) Open up a terminal shell,

1) cd "/Applications/Chief Architect Premier X10.app/Contents/Resources/Fonts"

2) cp *.ttf /Library/Fonts

That's it.

On 5/9/2018 at 1:27 PM, wcsmith said:

This might not be allowed with the CA License but the following should make the CA fonts available from other programs (at least in High Sierra):

0) Open up a terminal shell,

1) cd "/Applications/Chief Architect Premier X10.app/Contents/Resources/Fonts"

2) cp *.ttf /Library/Fonts

That's it.

Great post.  I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly.  Thanks!

SS_ 2018-05-11 at 09.49.59.png

SS_ 2018-05-11 at 09.48.42.png

On 3/3/2016 at 4:59 PM, GerryT said:

I remember a while back some discussion around this font being a proprietary font that is subject to the licensing agreement that comes with Chief.  This came up because users here were circulating the font to other users who did not have the newer version of Cheif that it was first packaged with.  I could be wrong on this, but if not, they probably have a good reason to lock that font to Chief only for Mac users, perhaps something they can't do on PC.  

• 4 months later...
On 3/15/2016 at 7:48 AM, Greg_B said:

You need the font from a PC that installed CA for Windows. If you only have the Mac version, it sounds like you don't have it.

Forum won't let me attach that kind of file. If you need it, PM me with your email address and I will email it directly to you.

It's been a few years... :)  I'm going to try to direct message you as well...

Can you send me the Chief Blueprint font so I can install on my Mac?  It's embedded in the program, and even using the terminal instructions I couldn't locate it.  

In my program it's called Chief Blueprint.  I've seen 3 others: CityBlueprint, CountryBlueprint and Blueprintdbt

Thanks for any help you can send my way!  I was sucked down an architectural font rabbit hole looking for the one that would exactly match my plans.  

Of course, now I have a lot of cool ones, but not the actual one I was looking for!

It's a good life...

JoAnne

• 3 weeks later...

JoAnne,

I am not sure if it is too late or not, but I recently wanted to use Chief_Blueprint.ttf and make it available in other apps on my Mac.

This is how I did it.

Open Chief...Preferences...General...Folders...Program Folder...Show in Finder.

Finder should open to the MacOs folder hi-lighted.

Scroll down a little and click on Resources...Fonts.

There should be 3 entries.

Chief_Blueprint.ttf, CityBlueprint.ttf and CountryBlueprint.ttf.

Double click on the one you want to install.

A font dbx will open.

Click Install Font.

Done.