Anyone get a chance to compare performance of a nvidia 4080 or 4090 vs a 3080 or 3090?

bdillard1

6 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Ethan Ashby on my FB Group has been testing it out, havent asked him yet though. I have one pre-ordered, who knows when that is

Thanks - would love to ask you to do a comparison of performance if you have time for such.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So it has been a couple of years now - anyone actually do any benchmarks?  Specifically about the 30 series card and a comparable 40 series card with chief architect.

In my recent benchmarking, a desktop 4070 was about twice as fast as a desktop 3070, and a desktop 4090 was about 2.2x faster than the 4070.  This was tested in a specific plan at a specific resolution so results may vary a bit, but in general I would say that a 40-series is a significant improvement over the 30-series.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ryan-M said:

In my recent benchmarking, a desktop 4070 was about twice as fast as a desktop 3070, and a desktop 4090 was about 2.2x faster than the 4070.  This was tested in a specific plan at a specific resolution so results may vary a bit, but in general I would say that a 40-series is a significant improvement over the 30-series.

Thanks Ryan

I get RTRT on my 3080 finished in a couple seconds on X15 (capped at 50 samples, denoised). it runs at about 50 samples per second

on X16 with samples set at 500 and denoise on with my laptop 4090 (which is more like a 4080), it takes about 3 seconds

• Upvote 1