mborean Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 Has anyone tried "Moasure" https://www.moasure.com/? The system is very intriguing, if it works. If it works as advertised, it will be a real game changer for preparing as-built drawings. Thanks! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mborean Posted August 18, 2021 Author Share Posted August 18, 2021 Yes, Eric I certainly did. . 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SHCanada2 Posted August 19, 2021 Share Posted August 19, 2021 the website looks like it is for exteriors. Need to start a pool to fund someone to try in on the interior Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CheifTexan Posted August 19, 2021 Share Posted August 19, 2021 Eric, did YOU search? Because the only post has zero useful information. So I bought one hoping it would help with terrain. I have used it a few times and am still working out how to make it work well. I have done 3-4 spaces in a yard with elevation changes. It does slope functions inside the app. It calculates total Sq Ft (if you are on the correct button). It will export to DXF I have imported the data and I can't seem to make it do much of anything. Cant make a Terrain or convert to polyline. I attached 3 files of grass areas, which have anywhere from 4ft-8ft elevation change. They are at least to scale it seems. Anyone want to monkey with them, give it a try. I'd love to spring board into making it useful. 19809 Front Center.DXF 19809 Left Front .DXF 19809 Right Front .DXF 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chopsaw Posted August 19, 2021 Share Posted August 19, 2021 This would be the Front Center file if you manually join all the individual polyline segments together and create a closed poyline and then convert that to a Terrain Perimeter. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SHCanada2 Posted August 19, 2021 Share Posted August 19, 2021 I also noticed it had 25% 1 star ratings. but in reading some of them it seems mostly related to using it on a phone and not their hardware widget. If I could run around tracing all walls with the HW gadget and it produced a floor plan, I'd be happy to retrace in CA Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mborean Posted August 19, 2021 Author Share Posted August 19, 2021 Going to pull the trigger on purchasing the Moasure One. They offer a 30 day money back guarantee so the risk is minimal. I will test the unit and report back. Stay tuned!! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JiAngelo Posted August 21, 2021 Share Posted August 21, 2021 @CheifTexan, can you generate a .dxf or a .csv of points only? Your files only have 2D line data, no elevation data, just boundaries. On their website, https://www.moasure.com/pages/moasure-3d - I downloaded their DXF example, but it also is only 2D, no 3D data. I downloaded their CSV, but had to open it in excel, save it as a "space delimited .prn" format, due to a "line 2" error in the "comma delimited .csv" format, then used "Import Terrain Data" in Chief (Space Delimited .prn format) and the points appeared with proper elevation data at each point. It looks like Moasure requires a $9.99 monthly subscription to obtain the 3D data function. My phone is only able to measure Distance and Angle in the app. Entrance_3D_Example.prn Entrance_3D_Example.CSV Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mborean Posted August 27, 2021 Author Share Posted August 27, 2021 Moasure tool update. Well folks, I have it an honest try, but the Moasure is simply too finicky for real world use. It works well if you have environments as shown in the videos (flat ground, minor obstacles, and easy access). The concept is awesome and in the future if/when they improve the product I will purchase it, but for now, I am returning the unit. I appreciate the 30 day money back guarantee. Was really hoping this would be a game changer. For now I'm back to graph paper, a tape measure and a laser measure. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SH_Canada Posted August 28, 2021 Share Posted August 28, 2021 Did you try it to do an interior floor plan Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mborean Posted August 28, 2021 Author Share Posted August 28, 2021 I tried inside, outside the building. Just too clunky to work well. Especially with a price north of $300. Hopefully, they will improve the product. It is a great concept, just not a great product. If anyone has had a better experience, I'd love to hear about it. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charles Posted July 9, 2022 Share Posted July 9, 2022 I just purchased the Moasure tool and gave it a run through its paces measuring the inside of my living room, several times! It takes a little getting used to, but it does get the general shape of the room. You really have to think about how you will move around the room beforehand. The new app does have a wall mode, but the error rate is quite high. For example, an 8’ wall was off by 1”. As @mborean said, it is too finicky for real-world use and, in my opinion, not worth the, now, $399 price. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
para-CAD Posted July 10, 2022 Share Posted July 10, 2022 I bought the whole package (device, walking stick, etc) because I'm a sucker for new tech. It didn't work as I wanted so it sits on my shelf. I can't recommend it. That's about $400 cast to the wind. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charles Posted July 11, 2022 Share Posted July 11, 2022 Hey @para-CAD.... did you know they have a 30 day money back guarantee? Not sure when you bought it, but it might be worth looking into. I have already started the return process. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NIGEL2026 Posted Sunday at 11:43 PM Share Posted Sunday at 11:43 PM I just received the LX1 and went through the set up and did a practice, Measures accurately and creates the floor plan. I only did a basic room rectangle. Export the file and saved on my laptop. Opened CA X17 and imported the file. Spent hours with Chat GPT and on-line searches trying to get CA to build walls floor plan etc. Nothing. The polylines in the import are not closed. No room polylines can be created. No CAD to walls will work. Chat GPT took me through every possibility of getting CA to use the DWG nothing worked. The only solution I had was to trace over the DWG with selected walls and try to get the snap functions to be accurate. They are not. I have emailed Moasure support for their immediate fix or a refund. I have attached the file I was trying to work with. learn 1.dwg Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NIGEL2026 Posted Sunday at 11:45 PM Share Posted Sunday at 11:45 PM Oh and good luck trying to import directly into CA you have to download and save the file then import it Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SHCanada2 Posted yesterday at 04:35 AM Share Posted yesterday at 04:35 AM (edited) 5 hours ago, NIGEL2026 said: I only did a basic room rectangle. I went to their demo last week. I asked a couple questions in the chat, but I did not get an answer. In their demo it looked to show the bottom stairs proud of the wall in the video, but the floor plan showed the wall flush to the stairs(i.e. it looked like it moved a wall erroneously). 2. It has a feature to normalize the walls widths, which then appears to make the one room larger (vs moving the exterior wall). I asked, which dimension is correct? I also asked if it could provide the raw measurements so I can make the choice of how to make it all fit. Doesnt look like it shows them. Once again it is an algorithm, and you do not know what it is moving to stich everything together. At the end of day I need measurements like this for the interior designer to work with: Maybe it is good for the rest of the house which is not of interest, but then, why not use the CA as Built app. It does the same thing Edited yesterday at 04:36 AM by SHCanada2 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SHCanada2 Posted yesterday at 04:41 AM Share Posted yesterday at 04:41 AM (edited) 5 hours ago, NIGEL2026 said: Oh and good luck trying to import directly into CA you have to download and save the file then import it that is an odd looking dwg file for 4 walls: Edited yesterday at 04:41 AM by SHCanada2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now