Looking For Software Advice

newuser11

Chief has a time tracker included. You need to pay attention to turning it off when needed, or ensure the settings are to your standards. I use it for my hourly billing project....though I don't bill hourly that often...but when I do, I just use the time tracker and export as needed.

Chief is $$$ - any advice on something more affordable that just does time tracking and billing? 

Well, since this site is for users of "Chief" and yes, we paid for it, what are you saying? You don't have Chief? If not then why ask your question here? If yes then I'm not sure what to say.

So last Saturday night I sat down at the keyboard at

11:00 PM and worked on my site plan until 3:00AM

at which time I reset all my clocks back one hour and

went to bed. Does this mean that I only spent 3 hours

on the drawing? :)  :lol:  :D  ;)

Saw this while hunting around. While a wrist watch and pen could work... you are probably looking for software. An inexpensive option is looking at just time tracking and billing software rather than accounting or specialized software. A few options include:

- freckle

- replcon

- accountsight

I would recommend accountsight because it is the easiest to use and has the best pricing.

• 5 months later...

I have not used it, but you can time track in chief....or use any number of apps from the chrome web store that will run nicely and track jobs and use a button on your desk.

Then you can use "wave" accounting (which also has a chrome app).   It is free and does everything quick books pro will do and also integrates with credit card payments.

Generating invoices is very easy and you set up to bill hourly at certain rate.   You would have to enter the hours and it will create even email and allow customers to pay via cc or even paypal  (just looked it up and they have a Paypal 'direct connect'

https://www.waveapps.com/blog/PayPal-integration/

Dennis- you can use the function "NOW" which will update to the current time. If you copy that cell and then "paste special" check numbers, uncheck formula- you can then copy the start time to another cell. When done copy, paste special the finish time to another cell. Set up the differance in another column...like that.

A simple method is using windows notepad log files. When I used to have to track time I used this- back then not much was available but it still works.

Here is explanation of log files