So Where Is The Layer Ceiling Break Line?

Gary_Swanson

Why and what are they? Is there documentation?

Great question,  let's see if someone else can help me out here.......  let's see if we can name all the layers that don't always have a check mark in the DISPLAY BOX:

-CEILING BREAK LINES  (already mentioned)

-FOUNDATION  (definitely a mystery layer)

......  there must me others but they escape me  right now.........

....  here are two more "mystery layers"  that I have not fully understood:

-ROOMS 

-FLOOR SURFACES

A  couple more mystery layers:

-"0"  (I am sure there is a reason for this otherwise it would not be there.....  but I have not figured it out)

- DEFPOINTS  (I have never understood this layer)

Scott

I think defpoints and the zero layers are relics from a previous dwg import in the past, b/c you use the S.A.M. method, they never get erased. I would like to know what that Zero does though. 

There are a few in the framing section that also don't get a plus sign.

Scott

I think defpoints and the zero layers are relics from a previous dwg import in the past, b/c you use the S.A.M. method, they never get erased. I would like to know what that Zero does though. 

There are a few in the framing section that also don't get a plus sign.

I think you are correct,  maybe I should go ahead and delete them and see if they show up again.

Did you see my recent post on GARAGE DOOR WIZARD?  I think you also bought the program,  I can't believe CA has not somehow implemented something like this in their program.  Their selection of garage doors are very limited in CA.....  maybe they should buy the program from Kerry and hook it up to  CA.  

Garage Door Wizard has been a god send for me.  Problem now is it only runs on a PC and I am on a MAC.....  I have a feeling I will never be able to get rid of my PC.  Why can't I get rid of the PC?

I cannot get rid of PC because:

-need to print PDF's on PC  (if I print on MAC the PDF is too large to email........  I think with Yosemite,  this problem may have been fixed,  I will see soon enough

-Need to be able to use garage door wizard......  I know....  I can use parallels or boot camp but sounds like a lot of work

-To access SAN DIEGO COUNTY GIS PROGRAM,  it only works  with INTERNET EXPLORER,  how lame is that?

Foundation- Turns the foundation flr display off in any camera, inc a floor camera displaying the foundation flr- nothing there.

Patterns, 3D Views is another layer that does not show +.

Rooms layer can be locked so that a room cannot be selected, but displayed or not doesn't seem to matter as long as the layer is not locked. Rooms can be selected either way, so don't understand that.

Floor Surfaces- I've yet to figure out how to only show the subfloor sheeting in a framing view.

"0" & "Defpoints" come from dwg imports of some sort.  They're part of most dwgs I get.  I always deselect those layers to import if I can.. & they can be buggers to track down & get rid of.

Foundation- Turns the foundation flr display off in any camera, inc a floor camera displaying the foundation flr- nothing there.

I THINK I AGREE WITH THIS,  IF IT IS TURNED OFF,  THE FOUNDATION DOES N OT SHOW....  I.E.  FOOTINGS......  ESPECIALLY NOTICABLE WITH MONO SLABS

Patterns, 3D Views is another layer that does not show +.

YEPPERS,  A MYSTERY LAYER

Rooms layer can be locked so that a room cannot be selected, but displayed or not doesn't seem to matter as long as the layer is not locked. Rooms can be selected either way, so don't understand that.

OH,  MON AMI,  THE IMPORTANT THING ABOUT THIS LAYER IS IT EITHER TURNS ON OR OFF THE ROOM FILL

Floor Surfaces- I've yet to figure out how to only show the subfloor sheeting in a framing view.

THIS IS SUCH A MYSTERY,   ONE DAY I THINK I HAVE IT FIGURED OUT AND THE NEXT DAY IT SEEMS TO BEHAVE DIFFERENTLY.....  

"0" & "Defpoints" come from dwg imports of some sort.  They're part of most dwgs I get.  I always deselect those layers to import if I can.. & they can be buggers to track down & get rid of.

I WILL  HAVE TO CHECK INTO THIS SOME MORE

A  couple more mystery layers:

-"0"  (I am sure there is a reason for this otherwise it would not be there.....  but I have not figured it out)

- DEFPOINTS  (I have never understood this layer)

Those two layers are two of the basic AutoCAD layers.

Whenever you open a new drawing (.dwg) file in ACAD

it automatically creates layer "0". Once you dimension

anything in the drawing ACAD creates the "Defpoints"

layer. These layers cannot be deleted in ACAD.

post-126-0-28517500-1413780926_thumb.png

Heaven knows I don't want to start a range war.... :rolleyes:

But I've read that the Mac division (as small as it is)

is one of Apple's biggest cash cows. Why? Because

the profit margin on those machines is very high.

Translation, Apple is gouging you guys. :P

Jim: 

You said:  "Floor Surfaces- I've yet to figure out how to only show the subfloor sheathing in a framing view."

Certainly you didn't mean something like this (?):

post-191-0-82473700-1413816067_thumb.jpg

If not the above, what type of "view" are you talking about?

Sure, Curtis, that's what I'm looking for.

But, this is what I get.

3D Framing Set layer set/ Floor surfaces layer on.

When I turn Floor surfaces layer off, no sub-floor there.

Got any suggestions?

Make sure the Rooms layer is turned off, because that will display the floor finishes.

• Upvote 1