3 hours ago, MichaelaS said:

@SNestor

Thank you for the great video! When I get to the point of applying my saved block "window & door topper" to the window it does not appear in my user catalog. Any advice? 

image.thumb.png.ab96a6af14479bd22874ea593886a3c9.pngimage.thumb.png.a61b49a163e78f59a6d7354c27d65da8.png

1 - draw your molding

2 - Select all the moldings

3- Add to Library.  It should appear in your catalog as "molding".  Rename it if you want.
          (Use the Add to Library or...the Stacked Molding menu button. Either will work)

4 - Open the Window dialog.  Go to lintel tab.  Choose the lintel you just made.  Select extend and wrap as needed.

That's really all there is to it.

@SNestor

That is another problem I have been having. When I select the molding, the "add to library" feature doesn't always appear. 

image.thumb.png.75a9db2082601a76eefe6229695f950a.png

@Joe_Carrick

I believe I have... When I open the object it automatically has it saved in the molding layer. Is that proper? But when I was able to create the block it didn't ask about anything regarding moldings that I can recall. 

image.thumb.png.aa7ea5b45dbb7607627343951845bef8.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rander
    Newest Member
    Rander

• By jlcDesign
      Does anyone have any insight on either how to make or where to get the symbol for Panoramic Doors? They're like Nana Walls, only they open differently, with one hinged panel on the end and the rest of the panels pivoting and stacking against the hinged panel.

https://panoramicdoors.com/ 
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I have attached my plan and the site picture from the backyard. Why is the brick veneer overlapping my basement window. What am I doing wrong? Site existing condition picture attached backyard
      221008.plan

• By SNestor
      What causes Chief to reduce the width of a mulled door unit? 

The images below show the before and after of mulling a door unit. The sidelights are "fixed door" units. Not sure that matters...but as you can see after mulling takes place the casing does not reach the baseboard.

• By Ange822
      I am using Chief Architect Premier X9

My defaults seemed to have changed so that when I select a window - it is now showing temporary dimensions of the window casing / center of window / trim. (see attached screen shots)
      How do I change this to only show the window opening to wall stud? 

thanks in advanced!
      Angela 

• By eubanks
      Is there a time effective way to do drywall returns? The attached image is the look I am going for, which I had to do with polyline solids. I have tried all the solutions in this forum. https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/23244-q-window-how-to-do-a-sheetrock-return/?_fromLogin=CA2&_processLogin=11&csrfKey=e715967502c760b691e12966cba733f8&ref=&code=CSFNSc4fApHaoLJkMIIN_zkZ

1. I am not interested in workarounds (polyline solids, molding profiles, window treatments)
      2. Simply turning off the frame has the fir framing exposed. See second image. I do not want to create new wall types that are solid drywall.
      3. I would be happy if you could paint the frame the drywall color, but it seems Chief does not have the capability to separate the frame from the sash.

I would think that this is a very common detail, and it would be a huge oversight for all the various industries using this program to not have drywall returns. Thank you all for your time.