11 minutes ago, MichaelaS said:

Looking for a way to add window and door toppers for interior millwork. 

door topper example.jpg

I made a video about this topic...check it out.  

• Upvote 1

@SNestor

Thank you for the great video! When I get to the point of applying my saved block "window & door topper" to the window it does not appear in my user catalog. Any advice? 

image.thumb.png.ab96a6af14479bd22874ea593886a3c9.pngimage.thumb.png.a61b49a163e78f59a6d7354c27d65da8.png

3 hours ago, MichaelaS said:

@SNestor

Thank you for the great video! When I get to the point of applying my saved block "window & door topper" to the window it does not appear in my user catalog. Any advice? 

image.thumb.png.ab96a6af14479bd22874ea593886a3c9.pngimage.thumb.png.a61b49a163e78f59a6d7354c27d65da8.png

1 - draw your molding

2 - Select all the moldings

3- Add to Library.  It should appear in your catalog as "molding".  Rename it if you want.
          (Use the Add to Library or...the Stacked Molding menu button. Either will work)

4 - Open the Window dialog.  Go to lintel tab.  Choose the lintel you just made.  Select extend and wrap as needed.

That's really all there is to it.

@SNestor

That is another problem I have been having. When I select the molding, the "add to library" feature doesn't always appear. 

image.thumb.png.75a9db2082601a76eefe6229695f950a.png

@Joe_Carrick

I believe I have... When I open the object it automatically has it saved in the molding layer. Is that proper? But when I was able to create the block it didn't ask about anything regarding moldings that I can recall. 

image.thumb.png.aa7ea5b45dbb7607627343951845bef8.png

@solver

The image shown above directed toward Steve was not a block, just the "union poly-line" as instructed. At one point I attempted making a block as that was the only option shown to me in the tool bars - obviously still had no luck. 

@solver @SNestor @Joe_Carrick

I redrew the assembly with a different crown molding piece and this time around it worked...? Not sure if it's the molding piece or just me. Probably was me. ;) 

Thank you everyone for taking the time to assist me and for providing the great Lintel trick!