RobUSMC

Windows 10 Bottom Task Bar

Recommended Posts

I have attached a screen print of my screen when I have CA up.  What has other done to fix the Windows 10 bottom task bar partial cover the bottom toolbar or chief.

 

Thanks

Windows Task Bar.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit the Maximize button at the top right beside the X and you are usually good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobUSMC said:

The screen is maximized

 

I think it is a windows issue and it seems to come and go.  Did you try cycling it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to have been an issue for a couple of Chief versions now ( or Win10 + Chief?) so I find it best not to maximise the screen and just drag it to "almost" full screen  ie just a hair above the taskbar  , as I also find the auto-hide taskbar a PITA due to it popping up every time I go down to the Chief Edit Toolbar

 

M.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I also find the auto-hide taskbar a PITA due to it popping up every time I go down to the Chief Edit Toolbar

 

I know you know that the taskbar can go on any edge of the display. I keep mine on the right where it's out of the way.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, solver said:

 

I know you know that the taskbar can go on any edge of the display. I keep mine on the right where it's out of the way.

 

I did used to do that actually but now I have multiple Screens I prefer (need?) them on the bottom , but like Rob have found after some time that Chief seems to start ignoring the Taskbar at some point and I have to cycle the min/max all the time, so I just don't go max anymore....

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

I have attached a screen print of my screen when I have CA up.  What has other done to fix the Windows 10 bottom task bar partial cover the bottom toolbar or chief.

 

Thanks

Windows Task Bar.png

If you hover your cursor where the taskbar and Chief meet, a dragging arrow should appear and you may be able to drag the taskbar down to its minimum height. I have a feeling your taskbar may at some point have been inadvertently adjusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my Win10 setup I find I have to do a restart to correct that, even with the Win toolbar set to hide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

so I find it best not to maximise the screen and just drag it to "almost" full screen  ie just a hair above the taskbar  , as I also find the auto-hide taskbar a PITA due to it popping up every time I go down to the Chief Edit Toolbar

I quit using the auto-hide feature some time back for this very reason. It seemed to work OK with all of my software "except" Chief. I got tired of having to fight with it and the edit toolbar so changed to the way Mick suggests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved the Edit Toolbar up with the other toolbars long ago. Got tired of looking down there when everything else is up top.

 

I've also suggested that Chief have an option to move the Status Bar to the top under the toolbars.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My windows taskbar will pop-up and cover my Chief bar when I get reminders in one of the programs that are listed in the windows  taskbar. I usually can just delete / clear the reminder and the windows taskbar rehides itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happens to me often. I just click and grab the bar at the top of CA and drag it down then re-snap it at the top of the screen. Usually this works the first time but I occasionally have to do it a second time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27469
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign
    Joined