JackOD

ELECTRICAL WON'T SHOW UP ON ONE OF MY ELEVATIONS

Recommended Posts

I am just stumped right now...

 

I cannot get any electrical to show up specifically on one particular elevation? why? My electrical layer is on. I made sure I wasn't accidentally sticking it behind a cabinet. Its 66" AFF to center. I also tried moving it off the wall a few inches to see if that made it visible. It is not back clipped, so I am not cutting it out or anything.... What is going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't get a quick answer you will likely need to post the plan file or at least a screen shot of the elevation in question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JackOD said:

I am just stumped right now...

 

I cannot get any electrical to show up specifically on one particular elevation? why? My electrical layer is on. I made sure I wasn't accidentally sticking it behind a cabinet. Its 66" AFF to center. I also tried moving it off the wall a few inches to see if that made it visible. It is not back clipped, so I am not cutting it out or anything.... What is going on?

Possible that your electrical is not on the electrical layer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the electrical is on the electrical layer. It is not just one particular fixture but all electrical. No outlets or switches show up either. But they will in the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack, are you saying in "camera view" electrical is not showing? Check your layers in camera to be sure the Electrical layer didn't get turned off.  It would probably be a good idea to post the plan to get quick help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried re-shooting the cross-section/elevation? Maybe it's a problem with one particular camera? Or you could post the plan for us to examine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Jack, are you saying in "camera view" electrical is not showing? Check your layers in camera to be sure the Electrical layer didn't get turned off.  It would probably be a good idea to post the plan to get quick help.

 

I am in elevation view. The correct layers are turned on. I am specifically working on a master bathroom layout. I have 2 vanities on different walls. I put sconces at each vanity. One elevations shows the sconces and the outlets (all the electrical) and the other elevation does not show it.... I have checked my layers. This is not the problem. I can't upload the file but see screen shots attached.

 

42 minutes ago, rlackore said:

Have you tried re-shooting the cross-section/elevation? Maybe it's a problem with one particular camera? Or you could post the plan for us to examine.

I have tried this. No luck. I completely deleted the elevation and made a new one. Have closed and re-opened the file, thinking maybe it needed a reset. No change.

 

 

 

Electrical Plan.PNG

Elevation 4.PNG

Elevation 6.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JackOD said:

I can't upload the file but see screen shots attached.

Why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JackOD said:

Too large.

Can you zip it?

Did you check the elevation of those lights? Maybe they are in the cabinet or above/below the floor height

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JackOD said:

Too large.

 

Zip the plan after removing the fluff -- cars, furniture etc.

 

Use Edit Area to cut out the area of the problem making a smaller plan. Test to make sure the problem still exists then attach it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the Scones on the Electrical Layer though?  

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure they are not set to "absolute" instead of "from finished floor".  It might be there but in the basement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, JackOD said:

I am just stumped right now...

 

I cannot get any electrical to show up specifically on one particular elevation? why? My electrical layer is on. I made sure I wasn't accidentally sticking it behind a cabinet. Its 66" AFF to center. I also tried moving it off the wall a few inches to see if that made it visible. It is not back clipped, so I am not cutting it out or anything.... What is going on?

19 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Are the Scones on the Electrical Layer though?  

 

M.

Yes that has been stated a few times now. The same sconces show up on another elevation.

 

23 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Can you zip it?

Did you check the elevation of those lights? Maybe they are in the cabinet or above/below the floor height

See answer above. I did make sure they were not behind anything. I can see them in my 3-d view. Zip file attached.

 

23 hours ago, solver said:

 

Zip the plan after removing the fluff -- cars, furniture etc.

 

Use Edit Area to cut out the area of the problem making a smaller plan. Test to make sure the problem still exists then attach it.

Zip file attached.

19 hours ago, joey_martin said:

When you take a 3D overview of the room do you see them on that wall?

I can see them on the wall in my 3-d view.

 

19 hours ago, javatom said:

Make sure they are not set to "absolute" instead of "from finished floor".  It might be there but in the basement.

See answer above. I did make sure they were not behind anything. I can see them in my 3-d view.

Whats wrong with elevation 5.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uncheck No Room Definition on the problem wall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly what Eric said.  Then check No Room Definition on the Glass Shower Wall.

 

This should be a lesson that "POSTING THE PLAN" will get an answer much quicker.  The experts here will be able to examine the problem and find the solution.  In this case it's because electrical objects are not showing up on "No Room Definition" walls in elevation views.  IMO that's a BUG that should be reported and then fixed by CA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, solver said:

Uncheck No Room Definition on the problem wall.

 

14 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Exactly what Eric said.  Then check No Room Definition on the Glass Shower Wall.

 

This should be a lesson that "POSTING THE PLAN" will get an answer much quicker.  The experts here will be able to examine the problem and find the solution.  In this case it's because electrical objects are not showing up on "No Room Definition" walls in elevation views.  IMO that's a BUG that should be reported and then fixed by CA.

 

THANK YOU GUYS. MUCH APPRECIATED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27461
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    WaunakeeDesigner
    Newest Member
    WaunakeeDesigner
    Joined