X9 Beta window/door labels on elevations

kn8hansen

Just downloaded and installed X9 Beta and noticed that the window and door labels from the other side of the house show through on an elevation (see picture). Any ideas how to fix this?  I tried a backclipped section - that didn't help.  Tried rebuilding 3D, save/close/reopen, resend to layout.  Nothing seems to work.

Untitled 1.jpg

Just downloaded and installed X9 Beta and noticed that the window and door labels from the other side of the house show through on an elevation (see picture). Any ideas how to fix this?  I tried a backclipped section - that didn't help.  Tried rebuilding 3D, save/close/reopen, resend to layout.  Nothing seems to work.

If you are using the X9 beta and you find problems, please do us and all of the other users a favor and report them to technical support.

Dermot, this same issue was in x8....... I asked about it last year.....

Joes, answer then was the same work around. I wanted to see in windows so turned labels off..... Was too hard and risk of wrong label, being moved down under elevation where I like them. (yes old school) 

I didn't have any problems with this in X8 strangely enough.  It's very annoying and I still can't find a way to bypass it (other than make individual text labels for each window and door).  I'll submit a case with Technical support.

Marc, I don't think your issues are the same ones that Nate is having.  In his case, it looks like labels are appearing even in cases where making window glass opaque should have no effect.  This could be the result of a bug in the program but we won't know for sure unless he reports it.

Window and door labels should always appear in an elevation view if a reasonable percentage of the window or door is visible in the view.  This means that you will sometimes see labels for things that you may not want labels for.

For example, if your window glass is clear or your doors are open, you may be able to see windows and doors through it and will then be able to see their labels.  One way to solve this issue is by making your window glass opaque.  In any case, if you have a label you don't want to see, you can always select the object and set the label to "Hide in this View".  You can also force labels to display by setting the label to "Show in this View".  It can sometimes be tricky to select them and you may need to use the temporary delete surface tool to select it. 

Dermot,

You are correct, I just noticed the window labels from other side, are showing up even through the walls.  geeee

At least in X8 that only happened if the windows where lined up...........

Me bad. sorry

Thank you, not sure I understand all you said, will work on it. The clear glass able to see in is what I like. I now understand why lined up windows label would appear.

1 hour ago, kn8hansen said:

Untitled 1.jpg

PLEASE  get this bug reported (again) ASAP. I've never seen the problem but it would kill my elevations and don't want to get anywhere near it. Showing even thru walls is the killer. Thanks

1 hour ago, kn8hansen said:

Untitled 1.jpg

Lane, is it possible to post the plan and Layout to see if anyone else is having the problem? I see you're suing a Quadro video card. Could that be a factor? Latest drivers?

1 minute ago, HumbleChief said:

PLEASE  get this bug reported (again) ASAP. I've never seen the problem but it would kill my elevations and don't want to get anywhere near it. Showing even thru walls is the killer. Thanks

I wonder if he drew this plan in another version also.

I've definitely seen this problem in the past as well.  Not with my own plan but with another user here on the forum.  Don't remember who it was though and can't seem to find the thread anymore.  Definitely needs to be reported to tech support though if we want to get it fixed.  Probably wasn't reported last time it came up which is why it's showed up again. 

I found the thread and it was indeed Marc's plan.  I guess he must have sent it to me privately or something  because I thought I remember actually looking at the plan.  Anyway, you see from the screenshots that the window labels are showing through the actual walls...

I have had a similar thing happen in X8 with cabinet labels showing up thru walls on interior elevation cabinet elevations when cabinets were on the backside of the same wall. I never could figure out what was going on. And not all of the labels from the backside would show up - only some.

I had a problem with cabinets and stairs showing thru even though they were on the inside of model..it turned out i had a rogue item very far away from model and the program was having trouble displaying everything that far out and it effected my elevations in model..once i deleted items out there it fixed this..not sure if this is your problem..

David